We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Armoire Makeover: Guest Party Highlight

17 April 2010

Another great project!  I saw this and had to share.  I love the new moldings installed around the top of the armoire.

They did a great job with this piece here at the clever chic.  Very clever indeed!


The Amazing Armoire Makeover


I LOVE armoires!  I think they are pretty and interesting and offer great storage behind closed doors.  I picked up this armoire for FREE from a school that was closing. Originally I was going to use it for supplies for a preschool I was starting. But we moved and the whole preschool thing didn't happen.  So I started using this as my craft cupboard.  It's perfect to hold all of my projects and supplies. 
Well, the brown just wasn't doing it for me, but I never got around to redoing it until now (a year after I first acquired the beaut).  It was suppose to be a quick, easy paint job.  But when is it ever easy?  The paint started chipping and I had to strip her down to the wood.  She had about four coats of various paint on her.  Can I just say that I HATE stripping paint?!  This whole process took way too long because I just didn't want to do it.  I started with a spray paint stripper, but it didn't do very much. So I picked up this awesome gel type paint stripper. 

It worked amazingly!  Plus, it smelled good (perfect since I was removing the paint from this thing inside the house).  Anyway, after lots of paint scraping and some sanding she was ready to be made over. Here she is primed.

 
 I added crown molding to the top.  She was just too plain jane to begin with.  Then I painted. 
And then I stenciled the doors.  After that I painted and wiped off a glaze over everything and finished with a coat of poly. 
 And finally, I added some bling in the form of hardware.  Phew!  Just typing it all makes me tired.
My husband is thrilled that I am done.  He's not a fan of the mess I make with my projects (neither am I ).  I'm thrilled that it's done because I was getting tired of working on it and it looks sooooo much better then it did.


Here is the before and after:


That's what I call an extreme makeover!


What do you think of their transformation?

9 comments:

Suzanne April 17, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

This really is an amazing project. Love the finished result -- the color, the stenciling on the front, and the added crown molding. Fabulous!

Tiff April 17, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

Cassity, thanks so much for featuring my armoire! I've been stalking your blog forever and am a huge fan.

Sandy a la Mode April 17, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

i think it is AWESOME! i love the grey color they used and that white damask print is sooo lovely!!!

Kacie April 17, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

That looks amazing!! Adding the stencil on the front was so unique and added just the right amount of pop! The crown moulding was definitely a good touch! Looks great!

aklatina April 18, 2010 at 1:51 AM  

Haha Wow!! thats awesome!. Ive been stripping the banister at my house with the same gel stripper and yes it works well but Oh my gosh WHAT A TASK! im exhausted!!! and only half done :( Darn people who paint over things time after time! hehe!
Love your blog and think it looks Fantastic! nice Job!!

Anonymous April 18, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

That is one heck of a transformation, and it talks about my hobby obsession - CitriStripper, oh man, I love that stuff! Great spotlight, thank you!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP