We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Lucky You! Cheater's Cream of Broccoli Soup

17 March 2010

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Since I did not decorate in any way for the holiday the least I could do is eat green food, right?  Yea, I know, who wants to eat green food?  Me!  As, long as the item is naturally green, and isn't just dyed green.  So, I thought I would share with you one of my favorite, 15 minute meals, Fake it- Broccoli Soup.


I love a good Cream of Broccoli soup, but usually when the word cream proceeds the word soup, it means you shouldn't eat it.  So, while on my little stint with Weight Watchers(which when I have the time works well for me), I worked this little baby out and I think it was only 2 points per serving.  So, not only can you eat it and enjoy it,  you can feel good about it too!

Cream of Broccoli Soup
(serves at least 8, I make it large and then freeze individual servings in ziplock bags, 
for when I need to eat, but don't want to cook- which is pretty much everyday!)

1 bag frozen Broccoli Florettes
1  bag frozen Cauliflower Florettes
1/2 medium onion
3 cans Cream of Broccoli Soup
1-2 cans chicken broth
1/2 bag frozen peas
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups water

optional  garnish:
Dallop of sour cream
Shredded Cheddar

In a large saucepan add chicken broth, water and frozen broccoli and Cauliflower.  


Meanwhile in a small saute pan, spray a little shot of cooking spray and add the onions, 
saute till translucent and soft.

When the broccoli and cauliflower are soft add the 3 cans cream of Broccoli soup and sauted onion. And then puree in batches in your blender or food processor.  Because there is not thickening agent in this soup, pureeing is key, it is what gives the soup thickness.

Return soup to pot add the peas and salt and pepper to taste, bring up to heat and then serve!  Easy-peasy!


We served ours with Parmesan toast- which can be the "gold"!

butter lightly some bread or rolls of your choice
(optional) light sprinkle of Garlic Salt
sprinkle with Parmesan

Toast!  Till the Parmesan is golden brown!
 (we use our trusty little toaster oven but you could broil it in the oven)

Link up a recipe!

2 comments:

Sarah Sarniak March 17, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

This is a great idea. I do the same kind of thing with the cheddar broccoli soup. Sometimes I'll add extra frozen broccoli and of course I always add a lot of extra shredded cheese. In the end it tastes a lot like the restaurant kind, so good!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP