We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Triceratops; German Pancakes & Buttermilk Syrup

17 February 2010

I am lucky to come from a big family, I am the youngest.  Which means that my first niece was born when I was 12.  It has been such a joy to watch all of them grow up.  They say the funniest things, and I love to quote them.  "Triceratops" is the name given to this breakfast by my sister Tiffany's kids.

The pancakes puff up like you wouldn't believe and it is so fun to watch.  Which makes it even more fun to feed them to kids.



This is a simple recipe, and can be adapted many ways.   You can serve these as individual cupcake size pancakes or in a large dish.  With any toppings that you love.  I am going to share with you one of my absolute favorite syrups, that can I just say if you try one recipe on this blog, let this Buttermilk Syrup be the one it is that good.  Although, you may wish you never tried it, because it will be calling  your name every Saturday morning...

German Pancakes 
Serves 4-ish; Preheat over to 425 degrees

4 T melted butter; pour into an 8" x  11" casserole dish

In a blender add:
1 c milk
1 c flour
6 fresh eggs
1 tsp vanilla
a few shakes salt
Blend until smooth.  Pour mixture over butter in casserole dish.  Bake 15 to 20 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve immediately with syrup, fresh fruit or whatever you love on pancakes,
 let me suggest Buttermilk syrup-recipe located below...


Buttermilk Syrup

In a Saucepan combine, bring to a boil and let boil one minute:
1 cup sugar
1/2 c buttermilk (or sour milk substitution)
1/2 c butter (1 cube)
1 Tbsp karo syrup

remove from heat and whisk in:
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp Baking soda

It will foam up and you want to serve if immediately!  This will go FAST!... just a warning!
**Sorry no pictures!

If you don't have any buttermilk which is almost always the case at my house. What you can do is make sour milk.  To one cup of milk, add 1 tsp white vinegar, and allow to sit a few minutes, it will begin to curdle and is ready to use at that point (**only add a half cup to the recipe above).

Good luck tell me if you make this. 
 I would love to see some of your favorite recipes.

Link a recipe!  Food only today please... 
Please link to the recipe post not your homepage thanks!
(If this sounds like a fun linky we will do it again next Wed too, so if you don't have one this week please leave me a comment so I know if you want to participate next week, then come back next Wednesday)


3 comments:

Ramsey February 17, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

Your recipe looks delish! Love sharing some recipes and getting new ones! Keep it up.
Happy Wednesday!
Ramsey

Phyllis @Around the House February 17, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

wow the German Pancake looks so awesome, I really will have to try that it is just so beautiful and looks delish...great post enjoyed it alot...I am a follower of yours, come on over for a visit..Phyllis

Anonymous,  February 18, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

I LOVE GERMANY PANCAKES!! Never had them with your Buttermilk syrup tho. We use a strawberry, cream cheese and marshmallow creme mixture. soooo yummy!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP