We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Blorange; Inspiration Monday

18 January 2010

Blorange... What does that mean you ask?  Oh, it is the clever thing I just copied uh... made up, where you mix two words together.  You can do it with names, (my husband and I would have to be Casstin) places, (take Texarkana)... So, you know, let me translate, it means blue and orange

I think you've probably heard me mention a few times that I am craving color for my house.  I know that I have some color here, but it is all seemingly too calming and serene- and it. is. driving. me. CRAZY (go figure)!  I can't stand that!  Somebody! Wake me up, please..

Back to the subject at hand, lately, I have noticed a color combo that is really just W*O*N*D*E*R*F*U*L! To me, so I am wondering what you all think...

(again I have to apologize, this is coming from my file of random images, and I don't have sources for many, if any.  A lot of them are from House of Turquoise, a few from Sunset magazine, and Domino magazine a chain email, and anyway check it out there if you would like)


















Some art for the room from http://www.clarklittlephotography.com/






But my two favorites actually are a red/blue combo...same-difference, sorta.  I love the Robin Egg Blue which I have had for a  few years, with a few touches of red that would really help "za-za-zing" it up (to quote a favorite movie), and the touches of black which I already love and have.  The second is my inspiration photo... for something!



Thoughts?
Love it? HATE it? Color Blind?

Also, today is THE LAST DAY TO ENTER!

14 comments:

Anonymous,  January 18, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Hey! I have that first photo on my blog in the post "5 things I love"! Love the photos above, great inspiration.

Lew January 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

Love, love it!! Thanks for sharing. I could totally add some orange to my bedroom with the blue I have on the walls.

Brandi January 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

I love the color combo, though I have to admit, I like some of these rooms more than other. That may be because I'm not a huge fan of the super dark reddish orange -- the cheerier orangey orange with that light blue is my favorite. It's just such a breath of fresh air.
(And how did they get that water to be orange?)

Shirleybk January 18, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

I do love the blue and orange combo minus the flashier orange color. You're making me want to change a room or two. Those colors would actually be really fun for the basement, but alas, we're not in the budget for home improvements at the moment, a new car is what's on the horizon but I'll keep it in mind when the day comes for new paint and furniture!!

Heidi January 18, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

I love it. I'm working on Jenna's room and Blue/Red are my main colors. I figure it is really gender neutral to prepare for future kiddos. I love the pictures, the orange is beautiful too!!

Anonymous,  January 18, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Personally I love color as well, give me color give me life-is that a quote? Well it is now! Thanks for all the work you do in the blogging world, you give each of us something to do when we have nothing else to do. I'm just glad I know you as a friend too.

Leen January 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

As a Syracuse native I HAVE to love orange and blue together (they kick you out of town if you don't)!

I am a new lover of blue and red together also, I just added a little red to our blue logo :)

Oh and I LOVE the water pics!

Tasha January 18, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

Have you been to www.lifeingraceblog.com?

She did the last picture for her girls' room. It looks fabo.

Tasha
momofsbandeg@yahoo.com

Miss Obara January 19, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

I admire people who have color in their house! I'm not there yet, but I do love it!

autumn January 19, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

i didn't realize how much i liked those tow colors together until i saw your post! they ARE fabulous together!
you should design a room for etta using these colors...how cute and fun would that be?

BAILEY January 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The Blue Orange is how I want to decorate my downstairs. Right now I have a red wall, and I love red, but I'm sick of it on my wall. I want it as an accent. So if I can't convince the hubby to change everything, then I will do the blue red combination. But my study is a basketball orange (and theme), and oneday it will be a nursery and when it is I will add that pretty soft blue color so I don't have to paint the wall in there. Thanks for sharing. Now I have some proof for my husband that other people decorate this way and it's not just my crazy imagination. :)

Debbie March 23, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

I love all the rooms. Wish I had enough rooms in my house to do one of each of these!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP