We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Paper Christmas Decorations; Day 2

02 December 2009

.... on the 2nd day of Christmas my blog friend gave to me ....





Scalloped Edged Ornament
 I think that first one is my favorite so far, and it is probably the easiest one I have made.
Also it is definitely kid friendly.


  • Start with your choice of paper. I used two coordinating pieces. Or it could be solid or a rainbow of colors... It is up to you!
  • Use a circular shape, (a cup for example) and trace that shape onto your paper 8 times.
  • Cut out circles.   *** Optional, if you have scallop edged scissors or pinking shears use them.
  • Fold circles in half, like above 

  • Glue the side of one folded circle, and glue two pieces together.
  • Repeat with all sides until you have a small stack of half circles

  • Add a small ribbon loop to ornament and then glue final two sides together. 





Brad Ornament

 

  • Cut card stock paper into thin strips about 1/4"-3/8" inch wide by 6"-8" inch long



  • Gather strips together, good side facing up



  • Make a hole in the end of strips.  (I used a nail and hammer, with a cutting board underneath)



  • Place brad into hole and secure it (not too tightly)



  • Repeat on second end, but before putting the brad into the paper add some looped ribbon. ( I taped the end of the ribbon so it wouldn't fray, and pushed the brad through the taped ribbon portion)



  • Now fan out your pieces.

**I learned that you need to use card stock and the thinner and longer the strips of paper
the better it looks, the one below was my first try and it is not my favorite!

Links Day 1, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5
Sources for these ideas are found at Stamping and Stuff and Flickr.

2 comments:

Amy December 2, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

very cool. and easy. I may have to try your ornament with the scalloped edges.

I'll be tuning in for more paper decor ideas.

gail@My Repurposed Life December 2, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

nice projects! The pictures on your side bar caught my eye... you are a lucky lady!
gail

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP