We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Have Yourself a Tacky Little Christmas!

23 December 2009

Well, y'all know I love to dress up.  And what is better than dressing up?  Having your friends dress up too!  About a year ago, I saw on a friend's blog that she went to a tacky Christmas sweater party and I have been planning on having one ever since. 

And we did.

Here is some of the inspirational photos I sent along with my tacky email invitation.  ( I know I emailed an invitation, time constraints, what else can I say!)  I have no idea who or where these are from, I am so sorry!


But by far the best inspirational photo we found, the one we lovingly refer to as CS man
(Christmas Spirit Man) and the one my husband tried very hard to channel for the party is this:



I have more pictures to prove that we actually did have this party.  For your viewing pleasure... oh and don't forget to have yourself a Tacky Sweater Christmas!

Our guests (sorry about the no names I didn't ask them about sharing that and I would rather not!) Some need to show off the front and back of their sweaters:





Lets see another pic of that hecka bright wreath sweater.
I love how her face is glowing!

...and I got to use some of my pewter and silver dishes, so I was excited.


Doesn't that look almost good enough to eat!

Here is my favorite decoration from this year:
Before:

After:



Okay that is good for now.... What do you mean I didn't put any pictures of us up? 
Oh well, okay, if you insist! We were laughing our heads off. 






Our Christmas tree is a little short, and I am not, especially with 3 inch heals!  So, after I took these pictures and I looked at them, I realized I look like a very large lumber jack, with a really small head...! 
But doesn't that just make it more hilarious!

Check out how Justin is standing... I am laughing so hard right now!
And some more individual shots....


Justin, all I can say is that I really love you!  And isn't life fun?!!
ps (I made two stockings out of Justin's sweater and they look fabulous! 
And yes, that is an embroidered Santa head on Justin's turtleneck!


8 comments:

Cindy Killebrew December 23, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Oh, that turned out so good! I wish we could have come. You all looked really great in your UGLY sweaters.

Ashley December 23, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

these pics are great. my friends and i had an ugly christmas sweater party last year and it included a contest for random categories such as best handmade, sexiest (which is hard when it comes to ugly sweaters!), the #1 ugliest, etc. it was hilarious! now we can't think of a way to top it this year!

Jackie December 23, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

That is hilarious!! Love it! That would be a cool tradition. You guys have too much fun! Merry Christmas.

Dalton Family December 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

You guys crack me up, that is so funny I totally love Emily's! Merry Christmas!

Katie December 23, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

What a great laugh! I think I'll wear a tacky sweater for our Christmas Eve FHE tomorrow night with friends. :)

Shirleybk December 24, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

how fun! I was sorry Etta wasn't included in this party theme but I'm sure finding tacky sweaters for gorgeous baby girls is nearly impossible. Super cute and fun and I'm still excited about making stockings from sweaters myself.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP