We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Green as Money

13 November 2009

Okay, so this post has nothing to do with actual money.  But if brownies were money, this recipe would be $1,000,000.00 smackaroos, NO KIDDING!  it. is. SO. good. 

Actually, now that I think about it, I have a bone to pick with my dear friend Mandi.  She asked me to make some brownies for our church's Young Women in Excellence night.  Well, I thought to myself, sure, I'll make some brownies.  In fact, I have been meaning to make a recipe I got from another friend Stacy back in like 2003, for mint brownies. 

I was a little lazy, and just used a box for the brownie part.  Easy Peasy.  Then the frosting was just as easy but the bad news?  What might you think  their points total is?  7 points a piece!  How many did I eat.... 
Lets, just say my diet has been a little off. 

The biggest problem, is that I couldn't get them off my mind.  Literally.  It was like walking around with a brownie taped under my nose saying "Eat me... Eat me."  And no one would tell me I had something on my face.  You have all been fairly warned. 

So, I have been trying to rework the recipe on Weight watchers to cut out calories, to no true avail.  Finally in desperation I googled. 

And guess what ,the first hit for my "low fat mint brownie" search answered my little sugar happy prayers.  Unfortunately, I made them yesterday and goofed.  (I haled the recipe, but forgot to half the flour, not bad enough to stop me from eating them, they are actually still pretty good!)  But bad enough that I have had to make them one more time to be sure the recipe is good.  I mean it is a must.

Don't worry I will send the not so perfect brownies with a little heart on the bag along with my husband to give to other employees. 

Anyway, from this simple first request I have made about 4 dozen brownies, and eaten.... not quite that many, I mean I did have to grumblingly give away 2 dozen for the young women activity. 

Without further adieu, let me introduce you to the low-fat version, the hold, your breath now, 2 point version that tastes like a total dream!  It is like floating in big billowing minty green clouds, eating brownies all day, and not feeling a drop of guilt...  That is until your husband comes home and asks for one and there are none left. 




Less Guilt Mint Brownies
Makes 16 brownies, 2 points each, in an 8 x 8 pan, bake at 325 for 25 minutes.

Preheat oven to 325.

In a small bowl whisk together and set aside;
1/2 c flour ( I used 1/4 c wheat and 1/4 white)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

In a small sauce pan over low heat add
2 1/2 T butter
1/2 c cocoa
1/4 milk
Stir until butter is just melted and remove from heat to finish mixing.  ( I found if you left it on the heat it turned into a globby yucky mess that you can't mix.  add more milk if needed to smooth out)
Place back on low heat once smooth and add
1/3 c packed brown sugar (you can add 1/2 cup if desired I lowered it)
1/4 Granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Stir until sugar begins to melt a little remove from heat let cool several minutes.
Add and combine :
1 egg (or two egg whites)
Add flour mixture from above

Pour into pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake 325
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.  Walk around the house smelling brownies for a while.


Return to the kitchen and get your frosting makin' skills on.
in a small bowl combine
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 Tbsp. mint extract
2 drops green food coloring
beat with mixer and add a pinch of milk to smooth out ( about a tsp at a time, don't add too much!).  Beat until smooth.  Spread over brownies, place them in fridge. and wait... again!


When frosting is set make the final glaze:

Melt together in microwave, about 45 seconds,
1 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
(heat till nice a smooth and spread quickly over mint layer)

Now, wait AGAIN...
Serve after dinner, make sure to cut into proper serving sizes then eat a few!

Shhhhh.... don't tell anyone I am telling you but here is the extremely good, extremely high point versions, for those of you daring souls the original frosting and glaze.  Like I explained earlier, I just made a boxed fudge brownie mix (a large one 9 x 13 pan), or use whatever recipe you love then after cooling add:

Indulgent Mint Frosting:
4 Tbsp Butter (room temp)
2 Tbsp evaporated milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp mint extract
a few drops green or red food coloring
mix all together and slather on brownies! or self....

Indulgent Glaze: (melt together and smooth over the top of set mint frosting)
6 Tbsp Butter
1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla

1 comments:

Alecia Lofts Bartlett,  November 22, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

I am so sharing this on my facebook page.....Mint brownies....how could you go wrong!!! You are a genious!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP