We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Skillet Lasagna

25 October 2009



One of my personal goals is to eat less meat, like it says in the W.O.W. vrs 12-13.  This is just something I feel is important.  I feel like it just isn't necessary to eat meat everyday, especially not every meal!  I love my own animals, and I wouldn't be willing to kill my chickens, so why should I kill another one, just for dinner, especially when it isn't needed. 

I am signed up for Martha's daily recipe, so everyday I get a new recipe emailed to me. I got this one a while back and thought I needed to try it.   So, when I noticed this recipe was meat free I thought for sure I'll try it, in fact I'll make it tonight!

I changed it slightly to the ingredients I had on hand, and added some spices from my mom's recipe (which is quite possibly the best in the world)!  It turned out so good, it was  all I could think about for days!  And it was quick as a snap.

Skillet Lasagna
approx. 6 servings, 8 Weight Watchers points per serving

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a skillet over med-high heat, add:
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
3 tsp minced garlic (I was lazy and used the jarred kind packed in water)
1-2 T olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2+ tsp of Basil, oregano and fennel seeds (each)

Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 12 minutes.  Stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, in another boil mix together:
1 18 oz small curd low fat cottage cheese
2/3 c finely grated Parmesan (the kind you buy off the shelf, not the fridge section...know what I mean?)
3 T dried parsley
2 beaten eggs
3/4 c Mozzarella
salt and pepper

When red sauce is done, scrape 2/3 out into another bowl. Then layer with noodles and cottage cheese mixture, and repeat.  (it may also be nice to add some sliced black olives)  Top with one cup Mozzarella.

Then place back on the burner, medium high heat for five minutes covered.  Remove the lid and place the whole skillet into preheated 400 degree oven (make sure your skillet is oven safe!) and bake for 15 more minutes.

Let stand a few minutes before serving!

Enjoy! It is so good!






4 comments:

Deidra October 25, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

That same command from the Word of Wisdom has been on my mind recently, too, along with the one to eat things "in the season thereof." I have some work to do, but I know I'll be blessed as I try.

Miss Eliza Shumway October 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

geeez you're killin me, you're really killin me. haha it's worse when your fasting too ;D

Drake, Rachel and Olivia October 26, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

thanks for the recipe. it looks tasty! I really appreciate the WW points. I have been trying to keep track of points lately. I have been into batch cooking. At the beginning of november I spent one day and made all our dinners for the whole month! One of the meals was lasagne. It is super cheap to do it that way to because you can buy in bulk. Anyway, I will have to try this one! I hope you are well. Etta is absolutely adorable!! I can't believe how fast she is growing. I love all your posts too! It always makes me feel sad we didn't hang out more when we lived in the same town-I could have learned so much from you! Anyway, I love seeing you and Justin as parents, it is a beautiful thing.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP