We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Wrong Number

05 May 2009

I have other things to blog about but I just had to share a little happening from this morning. I am still a little bugged, but I am getting over it a little.

TRUE STORY: (please read the entire blog)
I was working in my kitchen this morning, making something, when the phone rang.

Me: Hello

Other Person: Who is this?

(my brain, oh yeah, I'm just gonna tell a stranger, who called my home phone number my name cuz you demand it?? Yeah right!)

Me: Who is this?

Other person (now identified, names have been changed, (yes- I still remember her name) Sally MacDonald, who are you?

Me: Why are you calling first?

Sally: YOU'RE HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH MY HUSBAND!!!

Me: I think you have the wrong number.

Sally: What's your name?

Me: Lady, you have the wrong number.

Sally: What's your name?

Me: My name is Cassity, and no I have no idea who you or your husband are and I am not having an affair with your husband.

I hang up.

I am a little steamed! How rude! Since we don't have caller ID, I wrote down her name and the date and time she called just in case she start harassing us.

Two minutes later the phone rings again. So, the harassing has already begun, seriously, am I going to have to call the police?

I pick up-

Sally: I know you are having an affair with my husband, I have a private investigator and you called my husband's cell off of his (shady website profile name) from this number on Feb 12th.

Me: I have NO IDEA what you are talking about! You're private investigator is taking you for a trip!

Sally: I know you are having an affair, I have proof.

Me: I just moved here to Texas, I have no idea who you are. I am seven months pregnant with my husband's baby. You are totally wrong.

Sally: How long have you had this cell phone?

Me: This is my house number!

Sally: Well, that is strange.

Me: I am telling you, you're private investigator is totally ripping you off.

Sally: I sure bet your husband would want to know about this.

Me: Call my husband! Give him a call! I am NOT having an affair with your husband.

Sally: No, I am looking at the phone records right now, you called, and I am sure of it I have the proof.

Me: What number are you trying to reach?

Sally: 555-555-0007

Me: My number is 555-555-0004

Sally: Oh.....

Me: I am sorry that you are having to go through this, but next time please make sure you are even dialing the right number. And really maybe you should be talking to your husband first!

Sally: Sorry, Bye.

Me: Bye.


Just thought you might enjoy that little tidbit of my day! The moral of this story by the way- Please make sure you have the right number before you start accusing people of having an affair with your husband.

By the way of proof: We weren't even in town on the day this call took place (from our home phone). We were in the car on the way to San Antonio, TX.

18 comments:

Julie M. May 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Holy moly! That is unreal! I feel bad for the woman who finally gets her call. Yikes!

Sharla May 5, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Wow! I'm glad you have some proof... I don't know if your story was reliable otherwise :). Crazy phone call! That is sad that that is really happening out there!!

Remodelaholic May 5, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Wow, I am not quite sure that I shouldn't be upset about that last comment-

What exactly are you trying to say?

I don't need proof-I have the truth, she would need to prove my guilt, which would be impossible especially since she called the wrong number!

Deidra May 5, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

What a mortifying situation for the woman. And why isn't she going after her husband, not some woman?! He's the one with some explaining to do!

Carmen K May 5, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

I can't believe you got a call like that!!!
Its kind of funny to hear about although I can understand you being a little upset at being accused of being a home wrecker.

Cindy Killebrew May 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

I have never had that happen to me before. :) My sister has. Her name is Melissa and the girl who really was cheating name was Malissa. It was a small town. You were really kind to that woman. I would hate to be her. :(

C. Leah May 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Oh my goodness!! How awful was that for you?!
I get people calling my house all the time for other people, but mostly it's collector calls. I don't know what I would do if it was something like that? I'm glad you finally cleared it up that she had the wrong number. (Or I probably would have called the police for you!) ;)

andrea wardle May 5, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

wow... what a story! "Sorry I didn't know I was having an affair with your husband... must not have gotten the memo..." I would love for that lady to call all the realtors that are trying to get a hold of me!

Hooray for wrong phone numbers!

Drake, Rachel and Olivia May 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

THAT was hilarious! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but believe me that is a great story. What makes it even funnier is that it was you. You are one of the last people I would think of thats would do something like that- you are so in love with Justin... too funny, I can't believe that actually happened.

Heidi May 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

How horrible! I would be really upset too! I don't know what I would have said if it had been me. I hope the rest of your day goes better than the beginning.

randivon May 5, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

Oh my heck... that is soooo crazy! I have never heard of such a thing happening. You are amazing for staying so cool and level headed. Way to resolve the concern, however. :-)

A Tale of Three May 5, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Right after I got my last phone number, I got a phone call where the person on the other end of the line was absolutely convinced that I was "so and so" and was playing a joke by saing that I wasn't who they were looking for. I hung up on them twice before I just stopped answering. I remember that it was so frustrating that they wouldn't believe me. I can't even imagine what I would do if someone accused me of something like that!!! Next time (hopefully there won't be one), you should make them check the phone number they dialed before you argue with them. Might save some time:)

Sharla May 5, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

Just to clear up my earlier comment... No, I do not think you needed proof, or that there was any reason for you to be accused. The way you ended the post about the proof that you weren't even in town was funny to me because then even if it was your number, you still couldn't have made the call. I in no way was trying to cause harm or more offense to this situation. That would be horrible and I'm glad I didnt' get that phone call - it would have shaken me up dealing with a crazy person. I guess teasing wasn't appropriate (plus it doesn't always come off right with written words).
I offer a sincere appology with no intent to offend or make light of the seriousness of the nature of this phone call.
Again, sorry for trying to be "cute" when it was not appropriate.

Denise May 5, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

How funny and sad all in one story! Man, what a wonderful world we live in, right!? Ha!

Andrea May 6, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

hilarious. well, sad, too, but it makes for a funny story anyway. one time shawn and i were out on my dad's boat and as we were pulling in to dock, a woman asked to pay us to take her around the corner on the water so she could catch her husband cheating with his co-worker at a work picnic. she and her sister had borrowed a car from a dealership and had binoculars. while we didn't want to be involved and certainly didn't want her money, we felt so bad, we did take her over there but there was nothing to see from that vantage point. the end.

Trevor and Amy May 6, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

That is hilarious, but kind of scary! I can't believe someone did that to you! Your little belly is so dang cute! I'm so excited for you guys!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP