We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Vivid

06 May 2009

I have heard that as a pregnant lady you have crazy dreams.

Well I totally had one last night!

My mom and I were hanging out with some of my young nieces looking at my belly, which was a little transparent. So, we could see Etta's hand and feet pretty clearly as they kicked and hit me.

My mom decided it would be fun to see her and said "Oh, let's just take her out and play with her for a minute."

Then, in that happy mystical dream land, Etta was magically being held by my mother, and yet still attached to a long umbilical cord.

At this point I began to get really worried. Etta was so small and fragile, we really shouldn't have taken her out. And she shouldn't be coming for another two months.

So my mom said, "We'll just put her on this pillow" But she was handling her really rough and kept kind of dropping her on the pillow.

I was worried that the umbilical cord was going to get kinked and kept telling her to be careful.

Finally, I had had enough. I just wanted my baby to be safe. So, I picked Etta up, with the intention of "putting her back in there" (who knows how that was supposed to happen). When I finally got a really good look at my tiny baby, she was covered in brown fur and looked like a small monkey.

In my dream logic this condition totally made sense, I thought, "Oh, she hasn't lost her hair yet, she really isn't ready to be out yet."

Then I woke up.

p.s. My mother is great with children, so I have no idea were this came from, but it was kind of funny. I just don't want Etta's nick-name to be monkey! (unless I give that to her myself!)

6 comments:

Corey, Kim, Natalie and Audrey May 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

Oh my gosh...so, when I was pregnant with Natalie I had a dream that I gave birth to her and she was a cat. A cat. And I was nursing her and it hurt. And everyone was like, well, yeah...it's gonna hurt nursing a cat. They were not seemingly disturbed that I had given birth to a cat, but rather, puzzled that I thought nursing this cat would not hurt. Fast forward to Natalie's actual birth: When I was in the hospital and delerious after what seemed like days of labor, I'm pretty sure I turned to Rachel (my angelic, beautifully supportive friend who showed up at the hospital to be an amazing source of strength for Corey and I during my labor) and said, "what if it's a boy, not a girl..I'm actually more freaked about having a boy right now than having a cat!" Good grief, delerious Kim! Pregnancy does some crazy things to the mind and imagination...so does labor. Wait until you're the sleep deprived mother of a newborn...the ride gets even wilder!!

Cindy Killebrew May 7, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Oh, that was great! Pregnancy can bring on some interesting dreams. Your just worried about Etta coming into this world a healthy baby girl. NORMAL!

Carmen K May 8, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

Haha....I do not miss those types of dreams at all. The worst pregnant dream I had was one where Annley was already born and I had forgotten to feed her for like 3 days. I woke up crying and was so relieved when I realized I was still pregnant and had not been starving my baby.

Noelle May 11, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Hi Cass
Love you! We are so excited to meet Etta (only when she is fully cooked). I went to Target this morning to get pictures of Tyler and Josh. We got some cute pictures. But when we went back to see them, the lady said, "the reader fried the card" so those pictures were gone and we had to start over. Josh was very tired and didn't smile much the second time!! ARRRGG Love you!

Joe and LeiAnn May 12, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

That is a pregnancy dream if I have ever heard one. When I was pregnant with AJ, I constantly had dreams that Joe either died or left me, and I had to raise my baby alone. I think it was because he worked late for Domino's at the time, and I always went to bed before he got home. I can't tell you how many times I called him crying in the middle of the night. They're so real!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP