We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

8 LONG years!

01 May 2009

Another anniversary...


Just kidding! We love our anniversary (it is actually Sunday but we have a busy weekend so we celebrated early!). We have always tried to make it a special day. I have to laugh because for my third anniversary I asked for the day off. The ladies at work all made fun of me and said "Give it a few years, and you won't even care when it comes around." Well guess what, I still care, and it's been 5 years since then.


Justin took the day off and we had a blast.


First, we went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens for our annual anniversary pictures. We had a few problems with the camera, why I choose to wear green in the middle of a garden is beyond me.... So, sorry for the lack of contrast in the pictures.


It really is fun to be prego, for the first time, and get to see it in our anniversary pictures! (oh, I also apologize if there are too many pictures, but as this is also our "scrapbook" too, you'll just have to live with it!)



After our photo session, we headed to Dallas. There is one required stop whenever we go there- Jersey Mikes Subs! I love you Jersey's! I can't believe how for granted I took you in Asheville, never again! (they are coming to Fort Worth soon! and the Roast Beef sandwich lover will always be eternally grateful for their coming)



Next we went to see the King Tut Exhibition in Dallas. Yeah! I have been wanting to see this exhibit for YEARS! Chalk it up to the fact that as a child, I didn't want to be a Veterinarian, or a Fireman, when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would say an Archaeologist so I could work with mummies (I also wanted to be a teenager but that's a different story) So I had to ya know, "Walk like and Egyptian", but this is harder to do when you have no balance!
We weren't allowed to take actual pictures of the display, but it was really awesome. And, incredible to think that those item were over 3,000 years old, and they didn't seem like it at all.




Last, be definitely NOT least, we went out for dinner. I have been wanting to go to this place for a while and it was SO fun! We had a blast, and it was great food.


It was a four course meal. First, salads, but I forgot to take a picture- actually I inhaled it. Momma needs to eat. Then we got a cheese fondue with breads and fruits and veggies. Yum!
After we had the main course, six different types of meat and veggies. We choose to saute them rather than deep fry them, but still way fun and delish! Last a beautiful dessert- flambeed!



Finally- roasting marshmallows over an open flame, then dipping all the wonderful goodness into a chocolate fondue! Heaven!

We had the best day and were exhausted when we got home- but love the memories we made!

6 comments:

Andrea May 1, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

how cute are you guys! i love the photoshoot and also the way you document all of your activities and the cute faces you guys make! happy anniversary! it's nice you really celebrate. #9 is May 12 for us, it always gets mixed in with Mother's Day and our annual beach trip so we usually try to make it to dinner a few weeks later :)

MammaMelgar May 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

I think everyone should be excited about their anniversary. It's whenyou guise went from individuals to a family even if there was only two of you until now. My hubby is lucky that he will be home in time for ours otherwise he would be dog meat.

Ralph May 1, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Thanks for all the updates you guys are amazing. We want to wish you a happy anniversary this Sunday and hopr you have an Enernity of them. We will go there for dinner when we come to visit. We love you tons and miss you alot.
Mom and Pop K

A Erickson May 3, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

Love the botanical gardens! We were just there a couple years ago! You look darling with your little baby bump. Love it. Congrats on the anniversary!

C. Leah May 3, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

Congratulations on 8 years together!! Ronnie and I have our 7th on May 15th. ;)
And I love those pictures...you guys always do the cutest/funniest poses. :) Can I also just say how we (Ronnie and I) LOVE Jersey Mike's! Whenever we lived in Asheville and they finally opened the one there, we were thrilled! We can never go back to Subway after eating Jersey's.

ALSO, you guys did the same thing Ronnie and I do every year for our Anniversary...fondue!! We go to the Melting Pot every year. (Well, except last year but, oh well). One more and I'm done...we used to take off our Anniversary the first couple years. But after the 3rd year or so, [Ronnie] started working again. Well, the past few years, he has had issues with driving, one year it was a ticket, next it was a wreck- always on our Anniversary. So THIS year, I told him, "You are NOT working on our Anniversary. I can't afford for you to do something else to or in your car." lol Anyways...okay I'm done now... :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP