We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Couch Potatoes

11 March 2009

Moving to Fort Worth doubled the size of our house, (which I love and am so thankful for!) But the frustrating part is our lack of furnishings. We simply do not have enough to fill this house. This has been especially annoying in the "seating" department.

We have this HUGE family room, and no furniture to speak of. It has however, become home to an awesome entertainment center, (thanks to the graciousness of my friend Maria!)

But we still didn't have anywhere to sit. We looked around the local thrift stores- not much luck. The local Salvation army had old haggard sofas, for 150.00 YIKES! You can get a new cheap one for 250.00. (I am really going to have to find some better second hand stores!- at least in the furniture department)

And, I am just not willing to spend money right now. We learned all too clearly the importance of having adequate savings when Justin lost his job last summer. We also, now have a NO DEBT policy. Which means- basically every free dollar we have is being saved and no new purchases are being made.

What did we do? What we do best- we got a little creative-on-the-cheap. We had old 2 x 4"s, some random miss-mixed paint, fabric (purchased to recover a chair 5 years ago) and an extra mattress that goes in the trundle bed under our old twin set, Justin grew up with!

Here are the results:




So at least now we have something to sit on. But, if you have any furniture you are getting rid of -Feel free to give us a call, we'll even pick it up, and we'll love you forever!

12 comments:

randivon March 11, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

Oh my heck.. are you kidding me? That looks better than my "real" furniture. You all are A-Ma-Zing! :-)

Denise March 11, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

What the heck? You guys are amazing. I love it!! You're just too creative and handy! Good thinking.

Unknown March 11, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

You guys are seriously amazing! Ya'll should do your own tv series!
I just read the other posts. Amazing was already used. Honestly though. I am blown away!

Carrie March 11, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

That looks so good and comfy too! I am so impressed! I would totally buy that at a store!

Bobbi March 11, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

That is incredible!! It looks so posh and fantastic--and just from stuff around your house? Like I said that is incredible--I wish we lived closer--I would pay you to help me with my house!

Julie M. March 11, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

Seriously?! I LOVE it! It looks so comfy! You never cease to amaze me!

Deidra March 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Way to go. I think it's awesome what you can come up with if you've committed not to spend the money, but know you want something. What a great job of being resourceful and creative!

Miss Eliza Shumway March 12, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

NUH UH!!! that's crazy!!! THAT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE EVER SEEN. well, duh, coming from YOU guys, that explains it all. oh ok i see. :P
it looks absolutely epic.
luff u guys
**liza

Lori Cook March 14, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

You guys are awsome! I love the couch. I would never think of doing something like that! It looks great. Do you take orders???

C. Leah March 14, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

Holy cow- that is SO nice!!

Okay, I will def know who to call now for creative furniture making. :) Just incredible!

Annie March 16, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

Please come live with me and teach me to build things such as that. You two are brilliant and talented!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP