We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Going Bananas

21 October 2008

The other day Justin was saying how nice it is to have bananas that he can just grab and go. The ultimate in convenience foods.

Being the ever faithful wife, while shopping at Sam's club I got a huge bunch of bananas.


And there on the counter they have waited. Becoming increasingly sadder with each day.


Then Sunday, I was making chocolate dipped strawberries for some friends and neighbors, and I had an epiphany- What about chocolate covered bananas? I know, I know, they've been done before. But I wasn't thinking the huge frozen chocolate covered kind on a stick I was thinking bite-sized, a little more akin to their strawberry buddies.

Still one question remained, how do I keep the banana from browning?
Here is what I did. I washed the bananas (well the peels anyway), cut them into 1 inch slices, leaving the skins on. Then I scored the skin down one side(for easy removal when eating. After which I dipped one of the cut sides of the banana onto melted semi-sweet chocolate, and placed it chocolate side up on a waxpaper-covered cookie sheet (so it was sitting on the un-dipped side). Then threw these in the fridge to cool.

Meanwhile in the oven I toasted about 3/4 cup of shredded coconut. (I wanna say it takes a good ten minutes, but watch it at the end it goes from done to burnt very quickly) Once it was browning nicely, I removed it tossed it a bit and let it cool.

When the coconut was cool and the chocolate hardened on the bananas, I dipped the other cut side in the melted chocolate and then into the coconut. Wa-la the Choconut-Banana Bites are born. (warning please remove peel before eating)

Yeah Me!

And yet, the problem persisted. While the state of the bananas was deteriorating quickly. So, rather than doing my normal thing (which is: removing the peel, throwing the bananas into an unmarked bag, then proceeding to chuck it into "the abyss", a.k.a. freezer, not to be found, until I either get the urge to clean out the freezer, at which point they are way past their expiration date, or I move- which I can tell you is not gonna happen anytime soon- fingers crossed). NO! I went where no one has gone before- I "google searched"- and the fundamental questions I am left with?

How did people survive without google searches? Honestly, how did they live?


Well it just so happened that I had been dying to use some alm
ond meal that I had so I googled "Healthy banana bread, almond flour and wham! OPTIONS! So I surfed a few out and choose this. But, I made a few of my own changes and it turned out wonderfully well! Seriously it is one of the best banana breads I have ever had. (It was also the prefect time to practice photography) So without further adieu-



Wickedly Awesome/
Healthy Banana Bread

Preheat oven to 350

Combine in a large bowl;

3 Ripe Bananas, smashed

1/2 c Honey ( I used, Cox Whipped Honey, don't know if it would make a difference)

3 Eggs
1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

1 tsp Vanilla

1/2 tsp Cinnamon

1/2 tsp Salt

Mix thoroughl
y.

Add:
1/2 c wheat Germ (if you don't want this you can just do another 1/2 c almond meal, I wanted the extra fiber)
2 1/2 c Almond flour/ meal

1 (3.5 oz bar) Lindt 85% cocoa chopped coarsely

1/2 to 1 c pecans (toasted, would be best)

Pour into 4 small prepared (I just sprayed mine with olive oil) loaf pans.

Then sprinkle the tops with
1 tsp Wheat Germ (each loaf)

1/2 tsp Demerara cane sugar


Bake for 40 minutes!


Enjoy!

4 comments:

Lew October 25, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Ok, if I had just moved, like you just did, I would definitely still be unpacking boxes and totally stressed out. But, you? No, you are making amazing almond meal banana bread and treats for neighbors and friends!! What is up with that? You continue to amaze me.
Wish you still lived here ;-(

Marsha October 26, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

That bread looked really good. Thanks for the recipe. I love recipes. And the coconut chocolate bananas sound yummy. Unfortunately, I am the only one here who loves coconut. I add a little to my chocolate chip cookie dough when making cookies. Yum.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP