We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Sur La Table

19 July 2008

I have a few house updates to share.


Actually it has more to do with furniture, but they go in my house so.... anyway, a few years ago I got our family table from my brother Rand. This is the table that we ate at, morning, noon and night at as a kid with my six brothers and sisters and my parents. Before that, it had been my father's parents . I LOVE this table. It is huge, but it is soooo wonderful.


The table itself had seen better days. In fact, I remember when I was 10 or 11 I realized the the finish had softened so much I could scratch it off with my fingernail. So, I spent a good half hour scraping designs into the top. I specifically remember a nice bird cage design that really tickled my fancy. But alas, at 27 I did not like the bird cage motif quite as much!


So I started refinishing it, which started and seemed to drag out, and out, and out, beyond belief. But at last it is done. And we have pictures to prove it, and a space to park our car again!



3 comments:

Lew July 20, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

Your table looks amazing! I need to see it in person.
Still so sad about the news you told me today...

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity October 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

Am I right that you painted the legs black and stained the top??? It looks great. I would like to do something like that with my table. I just need to find the time.

Unknown October 14, 2010 at 12:56 AM  

I am in love with this table! I have now just decided that when we have a home and our table we have now breaks, we will revamp an old one. I love it! You should feel so accomplished.
If you have the chance at the end of the month I am doing a giveaway feel free to stop by
marthataylorphillips.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP