We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe

19 July 2008

A few months ago I helped Mary and Jerry Hyder do some interior design work. She and her husband had just bought a duplex that they were and/or are planning to move into if /when their house sells. It all depends upon this crazy housing market.


I helped them pick out finishes and give little bits of advice, here and there. In fact, I just saw the almost finished apartment last night and they have done fabulous work! It is looking beautiful, and if they need I'm ready and willing to move in!

The apartment they are moving into is quite a bit smaller that their old house. She had me come and look at their furniture to help her decide what stays and what goes. I was totally blown away! When I went over to her house I couldn't believe my eyes. She had the most beautiful antiques. Crazy awesome!
There was a wonderful wardrobe with a big old mirror on the front, that she was mentioned that, she don't think they'd use this... I was like, Are you sure? Are you serious? Really? It's beautiful and just gushing over it. Actually, all the pieces were the same in that respect, really unique and utterly beautiful.

We worked on things for another little while and one day she called me and said they were going to give me the armoire that I loved! So needless to say I gave her my work for free.
We just picked it up last night. When we drove it home the door fell out, but thank heaven the antique mirror didn't break, so it isn't back together yet. BUT I COULDN'T WAIT to share it with you all. When we get humpty dumpty together again I will update this entry with that picture.

Justin was joking that it is our "Lion Witch and 'the Wardrobe' " - wardrobe, and that we need to get some mink coats. I think that leather might be more budget appropriate Or better yet my old blue furry blanket that had nothing to do with skinning an animal. Kitty can stand in for the lion and the witch (she had the mane and the temper). In fact, she already has an affinity to the piece, since it's arrival she somehow figured out how to get on top of it, maybe she flew her broomstick up there, and has been sleeping up there ever since. Buddy will have to be Mr. Tumnus, he's the nice, passive-aggressive one

p.s. Check out the beautiful "fiddleback" wood grain on the interior. It is on the shelves and all the interior walls. It is all solid wood, and totally authentic. (Jerry said that he got it from his Aunt's house, so I bet it is good and old, and it hasn't been refinished!@&#*!!! thank heaven)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP