We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Follow the yellow brick road.

23 July 2008

Well, since the "permanent vacation assignment" from Justin's work happened- we have been working on our house like little bumble bees in a hive. Our house is all "a buzzz", with drills, saws and random orbital sanders (Ah!, I can smell the saw dust now).

We tore apart the entire master bath and for the first time I layed tile (is it laid? the Websters dictionary doesn't have either form of the word, in what I am meaning). Besides my obvious lack of spelling bee skills, I got plenty of worker bee skills, and I am so proud of myself!

Wait one second while I pat myself on the back-

Oh shoot!

my arms are too sore from all the demolition, and I can hardly lift them!

But seriously I have wanted to lay tile for 6 years. And I finally did it. I decided a brick pattern would look the best and hide any lines that weren't exactly straight. So, while the rest of the bathroom is in shambles - the floor is gorgeous!!(double exclamation)

Justin built the vanity base today. I have been wanting a table vanity base for years, and I finally got it 1 month before we are destined to move, but still. I must admit, I want to take it with us! I am going to paint it all white tomorrow.

We enlisted the local LDS missionaries to finish ripping out the kitchen floor! Thanks heaven for the help! While I paint and Justin works on the plumbing. Then tomorrow I will tile the kitchen floor, then it is on to laying the new oak flooring in the front room and hall! so this blog is to be continued....


Before pictures of the Bathroom (obviously we have taken out a few things)



This kind of cracked me up, so I had to take a picture.
The sun was totally beating down on us, so here is my little "tile cutting oasis".
The work begins
Done now on to grout
( a little while and a day later)
Ta-da!
Here is the vanity Justin built out of scrap wood we got from our church remodel.
All told with my awesome tile buy (1.59 for a box with 11 sq feet), a free new toilet from a plumber friend, Justin's scrap wood vanity, a free mirror from Asheville free cycle and a few regular things we have only spent about $400.00 on a complete master bathroom remodel! SCORE!

7 comments:

Unknown July 24, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

I thank you very much for sending me the blog spot. I enjoy reading everyone's and seeing how things are going. That is the only way I can keep up with my family and the thing going on with them. Otherwise I never get time to talk on a regular basis. By the way! Are you moving? It sounded like you are. I hope not but know you have to work too. Take care, Pat Bradley and family. I will email you our family blog. Pat

Julie July 25, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

Wowie Cass!!(double exclamation) :) You two really have been busy. It's looking fabulous! Shawn and I are going to be setting up a blog soon to show the progress we're making on our FIRST HOUSE! (We wish we had half of your experience!) It's great to see what you're up to, we'll be in touch.
~Julie Yates

Jennie July 26, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

i am so glad you have gone public with your blog! i have been trying to say hello for quite awhile! :)

love the house! you are doing a great job!

Julie Lloyd July 29, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

I remember when we were that ambitious... before we had kids! HA way to go you two. LOVE the tile.

Bobbi August 3, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

Wow--you two are amazing!! I bet your bathroom looks awesome! I am glad you found me on goodreads--and hope that you are both doing great. Brad and I have often thought about our years in the 28th ward and we always think of the two of you!

Trevor and Amy August 10, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

Wow, it is soo good to hear from you guys! It looks like you guys are back at it again fixing up things! You are so handy! I still laugh when I look at Halloween pictures from a while back at your party. Those were the good ol' days! Thanks for commenting on our blog. I am glad you found us, so now we can keep up on your happenings! I hope things are going well for you! We miss you here!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP