We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Pumpkin Roll and Recipe Link Up Party

19 October 2011

Okay, I thought that it was time to add another festive recipe to the mix..nothing earth shattering, just a pumpkin roll.  But technically I have had this recipe for 9 years, and I think I have only made it once ( I got it at a church activity)  So I thought it was time to give it another go!



Pumpkin Roll
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 c pumpkin
1 tsp lemon juice

3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 cup nuts (optional)

Filling:
1 cup Powdered Sugar
4 oz softened cream cheese
4 Tbsp Butter
1/2 tsp vanilla or lemon extract

Preheat oven to 375.  Prepare a 15 x 10 cookie sheet, by lining with wax or parchment paper, spray with cooking spray.  Prepare a thin kitchen towel by sprinkling powered sugar over the top.

Beat eggs for several minutes.  Slowly add 1 cup sugar.  Add pumpkin, combine,  add lemon juice and combine.

In another bowl combine dry ingredients flour, baking powder, salt cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.  Fold dry ingredient into wet, until just combined  Pour onto waved paper on cookie sheet spread evenly over sheet.  Sprinkle with nuts if desired.

Bake for 15 minutes or until done.

Turn cake out onto sugared towel and roll up like a jelly roll.  Allow to cool.

Prepare filling mixture.  Un-roll cake spread mixture over it and re-roll.  Place in fridge and cool.

ALSO, I had to try and change it up a bit!  Chocolate Ganache I thought would do the trick?  Yes, because any excuse to add chocolate to a desert is probably valid... at least in my mind.

An hour or so before you are ready to serve, place roll on serving dish and top with chocolate ganache.  Allow chocolate to harden a bit before serving!


Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin. Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME! We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won’t try to tackle (at least once!). We are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, (check out house 1 and house 2 as well, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way. We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what going on in our family life.


10 comments:

Maury @ Life on Mars October 19, 2011 at 7:22 AM  

Thanks for hosting! I actually linked up a party that I threw and it has links to all the recipes that I used. If that's not ok, please feel free to remove the link or I'd be happy to remove it. Thanks!

Jenny October 19, 2011 at 7:27 AM  

I can't resist a pumpkin roll, or a pumpkin anything for that matter. :-) Thanks for hosting!

Lynne October 19, 2011 at 7:30 AM  

I have always wished to try this recipe or one like it, It will be perfect to have in the house for this weekend's Autumn activities!
Thank you!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Sawdust Girl October 19, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

This house LOVES pumpkin rolls! I'm excited to try making my own. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

At The Picket Fence October 19, 2011 at 9:24 AM  

Hi Cassity! That pumpkin roll looks and sound delicious and I can't wait to try it out myself. :-) It looks like there are a lot of other yummy treats linked up already too! I'm sharing my Sticky-Bun Pumpkin Muffins and so appreciate you hosting all of us!
Vanessa

laxsupermom October 19, 2011 at 9:32 AM  

Yum! Pumpkin rolls are such a classic fall dessert! Thanks for sharing and for hosting this recipe swap each week.

Sarah @Twin-rific October 19, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

I've recently started following your blog. I LOVE it and your pumpkin roll looks fantastic! Thanks for hosting the linky party!

Stylebaggage October 19, 2011 at 10:56 AM  

My friend makes pumpkin rolls that are divine! She won't share her recipe so I'm so happy to see yours posted. Can't wait to give it a try!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP