We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Paper Plate Skeleton; Kids Craft!

18 October 2011

Well, I am sorta  late with this post... I have been trying to carve out (notice the Halloween pun, huh?- Good one!) the time to make this for weeks, but it just hasn't happened until tonight.  I got the idea from my friend Michelle last year who has made these since she was a kid.  And she was nice enough to email me the instructions, thank you Michelle!



I thought it would be fun to make with Etta... She loved drawing around her feet and hands, but that is about as far as she went... and then she wanted to play outside.. Oh, well I tired!

But I did manage to finish one...

Beware scary pictures ahead 
(and I don't mean the skeleton, I mean the make-up-less grease ball... me!)





Here is my messy work surface.  We were having family night, and Etta got a Chocolate Carrot Cake Cupcake, once the frosting was gone she lost interest and decided to throw it up in the air a few times for good measure.  Just sorta makes me laugh!


Now you can tie the joints together with string or twine, but I decided to go the lazy way and just staple them together, where I wanted joints to work I just linked two staples together, and bent them back on themselves...

And here it is masking taped to the closet door... our lone Halloween decoration so far this year... Oh well at least it is something, I plan on getting te rest out soon.  (I guess I did buy some orange roses for cheap, and they are very festive!)





Here is the pattern:


Let me know if you make it!


Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin. Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME! We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won’t try to tackle (at least once!). We are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, (check out house 1 and house 2 as well, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way. We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what going on in our family life.

Other Great Halloween Posts:

3 comments:

Beth Adams October 18, 2011 at 7:32 AM  

Looks like you had loads of fun making this. Your daughter is adorable. I would love for you to show this off at my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! Link is still open.
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/10/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-101511.html

Erin October 18, 2011 at 7:59 AM  

Very cute! My kids would love these and have been begging for us to make some Halloween decorations. I love your black door, too!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP