We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Master Bedroom Surprise Update! Before and After

17 October 2011

Master Bedroom Surprise Update! Before and After


Deployment Project # 86
MASTER BEDROOM REVEAL

FINALLY...

I am ready to show you my master bedroom. I know it took FOREVER....and to be honest, I STILL have a few things I want to tweak in here, but for the most part...It is COMPLETE!

But before I show you what it looks like now, I have to show you what it looked like before I started....

Here are the BEFORE pics  (get ready....LOTS of photos)

Photobucket



I just wasn't feeling the yellow walls and swags on the windows anymore.....


And here it is NOW...

Photobucket

Ahhhhhhhh, I just LOVE it!!!!!
It feels brighter, calmer. My 8 year old even said, "Mommy, your room looks like a hotel room now"....I am assuming she meant a LUXURY hotel room, right?!?! :)

Here is another view of the OLD room..
..I was trying out paint samples (hence the swatches on the wall)

Photobucket

...and the AFTER of the same space....

Photobucket


BEFORE...
Photobucket

...AFTER
Photobucket

I love how the gray paint (Stonington Gray by Benjamin Moore) looks. I hit a home run with this color!!!! 
And the good news is, I can change up the bedding color if I want and the walls will match....
the yellow was soooo hard to match it with anything!!!




Photobucket





Photobucket


I made these swags a few years back....but had grown tired of them. The windows still looked bare, even with the swags.

Photobucket

I hung this chevron fabric to make the walls look taller and more sophisticated.

Photobucket

Another BEFORE shot...

Photobucket


....and the AFTER. My plan is to put a chair here in this space under the mirror, but I just haven't gotten around to that yet....

(You can read about the mirror HERE)

Photobucket


Here are a few more photos of the room.... I am just so happy with the way this space turned out!
Photobucket


One of my favorite features of this room are the 2 matching mirrors I hung above the nightstands. I LOVE it!
Photobucket
(Read about the lamp redo HERE)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I love the grays, blues and whites and the POP of yellow!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(You can read about the frame HERE)


Photobucket

(Read about the no-sew curtains HERE)
Photobucket


Just for dramatic effects, let's look one more time at the 
BEFORE..
Photobucket

...and the AFTER

Photobucket


There are a few things I want to do to have this 100%, but it's come SUCH a long way....and I am happy with it!!!

What do you think??

Items used..

Bedding - Pottery Barn
Mirrors - TJ Maxx
Paint - "Stonington Gray" by Benjamin Moore
Frames about bed - Wal-Mart
Fabric for curtains - Fabric.com
Blue bed quilt - Target
19" bedskirt - ordered from E-Bay

gray pillow on bed - ROSS        

                                                                                                                             
This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers! We love to share your projects with this great blogging community. So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in! Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!







Other magnificent Master Bedroom makeovers: 

10 comments:

DIYbyDesign October 17, 2011 at 7:17 AM  

What a difference. Even the furniture looks different. I love the gray color on the walls. I have written it down and will have to find somewhere to use that color. It's perfect.

Jenny @ Simcoe Street October 17, 2011 at 7:53 AM  

Love the new window treatments and pillows! Looks great!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Unknown October 17, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

I think the chevron curtains are a MAJOR improvement. Changes the whole look. Plus....loving the way you changed up the framed photography over the headboard. The consistant size and frames is a huge upgrade. This before and after is a great example of how blogging really does help us improve our design sense. There was nothing wrong with the before. The after is just that much of an upgrade. Looks awesome. Hope you are enjoying it.

Katie October 17, 2011 at 8:08 AM  

I'd love to know where you got the monogrammed pillow cases or did you make them? I love them!

Unknown October 17, 2011 at 9:23 AM  

It looks great! Such a good before & after. I'm working hard on my bedroom now too :)

Traci October 17, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

Turned out so pretty! I need to get off my butt and get my bedroom up to speed:)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP