We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

How to Keep Your Picture Level! A Simple Trick!

13 October 2011

How to Keep Your Picture Level! A Simple Trick!


I know I am not alone when I walk by a framed photo or artwork on the wall, stop, walk back a couple steps, fix it "just a tad" so it isn't crooked, and continue on to where I am going again...am I???


Well, I had to find a solution...and I did!! I found this great tip to be a lifesaver with my own OCD "levelness".

All you need are:

1.) Thumb tacks

and...

2.) A hot glue gun!

After you measure and figure out where you want to hang your photo, glue on one tack in each of the bottom corners of the frame -


Hang your photo without pushing the tacks into the wall. Next, place your level above the photo -

Once it is level, push the the bottom of the frame placing the tacks into the wall. And....stand back and let those kids go crazy because those photos aren't going ANYWHERE!


Now, I can walk by the frames in my house and just keep walking. :0)



This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers! We love to share your projects with this great blogging community. So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in! Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!





Check out these other fun and colorful ideas! 

11 comments:

thasnifty October 13, 2011 at 7:07 AM  

this is an awesome tip. There are a few pictures in my house that seem to get crooked over and over again. I can't wait to try this out!thanks :)

Patricia @ ButterYum October 13, 2011 at 7:19 AM  

Brilliant! Up to now, I've been hanging all my photos on two hooks placed several inches apart, but it's hard to get both hooks lined up perfectly. This idea is so wonderful... can't wait to give it a try!

:)
ButterYum

Unknown October 13, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

Ok seriously, this is the best idea ever and I totally needed it for the gallery wall I did last week! I've had two frames fall on me and I have yet to put one back up...you know how I will putting that bad boy back up:)! Thanks for sharing!

teddyiris October 13, 2011 at 8:24 AM  

It really is a simple but useful tool! I used to use a ruler/a book to draw a parallel line I needed; but then I discovered this little thingy and everything it's made my life so much easier since then ;)

Unknown October 13, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

What a wonderfully sinple solution to this problem. Those pictures never stay were I put them. Thanks so much, I can't wait to try it.
Traci

mckenna October 13, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

How have you never heard of the magic of picture putty?! You can find it at any office supply or even just Walmart. You just pull off a little dab of putty for each bottom corner of your frame and it sticks right to the wall without any holes or damage. MUCH easier than hot gluing thumb tacks!! :)

laxsupermom October 13, 2011 at 9:09 AM  

What a terrific idea! I'm a constant picture straightener, too. Thanks for sharing.

Tam October 13, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

Wala! What a great idea. I needed this! Thanks for sharing! Blessings!

Nanina October 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM  

Nice one :-) I used to push the pins through the backing of the picture (the one that comes with the frame). Works too if you got no glue handy :-)

Relatable Style

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP