We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

The GOOD MOOD(board) Master Bedroom Edition...

19 September 2011



Well, I am hoping this blog hop all works out.  I know that we have all been very busy... and this is our first time trying this out, so bear with us...  But I am excited to try.

So truth be told, I am still really trying to figure out my own personal style.  I think that being involved in blogland sometimes confuses me, because I have an appreciation for LOTS of styles.  I just love interior design.  (probably why I got my degree in it... duh)

But beyond that, it has a deeper kind of feeling for me.  I love interiors, because I love home.  I love the people, the memories, the comforts, the meals- all the things that make up a home.   And when it comes to  design, It doesn't matter if it is something battered and old, to shiny and new, I can appreciate the fact that different people find those same comforts in their surroundings

Also, since I am a (fairly) new mother (going on two years) I get really excited about how am creating my home for my own children's experience.  Especially as my oldest is just really becoming aware of her surroundings and jumping on beds, building forts and climbing up on top of tables... she is learning to experience her space, and beginning to feel the comfort of home.

So, with those thoughts in mind, I am trying to discover the style that I am truly passionate about.  The pieces that speak to me, not because they were (just) a good deal (heaven knows we all love to save some cash), but because I LOVE the design, and it is timeless, well made and will last.  That is what I am trying to think of right now, which means that it is going to take a long time to finish this house... but that is okay with me, because when I do finally finish, I am going to love it.

Okay enough chatter.   How about a mood board.

The goal in this blog hop is to give you all a glimpse into the styles that each participating blogger loves.  To get your creative juices flowing and for all of us to gain a better understanding of what we love, and seek for those things...

I picked out an image that is the inspiration for this space.
My DREAM HOME!


 For those of you thinking...yuck, I kid you not, I love that house!  I want THAT house!
(and the rolling hills and surrounding trees... I want all that land too!)
 I have always wanted an old historic stone home... I LOVE them -
think Marley and me... (picture below...)


So, here is the master bedroom that I designed in that stone house...

This space is eclectic yes, maybe more than I can stand to live in, but  I love the idea of the collected pieces, and one of a kind items.  I didn't really have anything in mind before other than wanting a farmhouse/industrial look!

Here are some of the great items I found to use (thanks Beth for the great idea of adding these)  You can see them here on my olioboard!


I created the space, with old rustic floors, and wooden beam ceilings.  But I also wanted an exposed stone wall.

I am loving the pop of yellow.

I love the idea of layers of texture-  I am not much for patterns.   BUT I love lots of texture so I added velvet drapes, steal, wood and stone.

That is about it!

Check out the other bloggers this week:
1. Cassity of Remodelaholic (Hi that is me!)
2. Beth of Home Stories A to Z
3.  Autumn of My Design Dump

September 20th
4. Amanda of Our Humble A{Bowe}d
5. Roeshel of The DIY Showoff
(Megan of Honey We're Home had to bow out due to a surgery,
 go and say hi to her if you get the chance! )

September 21st
6. Stefanie of Brooklyn Limestone
7. Beckie of Infarrantly Creative
8. Allison of House of Hepworths

September 22nd 
 9. Stephanie Lynn of Under the Table and Dreaming
10.  Brooke of All Things Thrifty
11.  Jennifer of Tatertots and Jello

Special Link Up Party at Remodelaholic! September 23rd!

 Mark your calendars 
and start your own dream Master Bedroom Mood Board!
(You can use Olioboard if you like)

If you are planning on joining in, please grab a button for your post!







Remodelaholic
And I will be featuring the best Master Bedroom Mood Boards the following week!



Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin. Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME! We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won’t try to tackle (at least once!). We are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, (check out house 1 and house 2 as well, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way. We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what going on in our family life.


If you like this post please consider pinning it!  Thanks!


Be sure to check out the next mood Board over at 
Home Stories A to Z and My Design Dump!

11 comments:

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} September 19, 2011 at 7:44 AM  

I too love the old historical looking houses... but living on the West Coast is not where I would find something like that! I love your fresh mix of modern rustic! I would so sleep there!

Tiffany {Living Savvy}

Roeshel September 19, 2011 at 8:36 AM  

I love it, Cassity! Awe - look at the little horse! haha! Looks familiar. I love rustic and industrial and farmhouse too. You did a beautiful job at putting together an inviting room! Love it!

R

Katy September 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM  

Cassity I was just looking at a website by an Irish photographer...he goes around Ireland taking photos of old abandoned stone houses/castles. Your dream home reminds me of an Irish castle. :) if you want to look at his awesome pics for more inspiration he's at NobodyHome dot ie

Katie September 19, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

We have been working on a vision for our master bedroom recently! It's our next big project. I love the program you used. Can't wait to give it a try & I love your vision and the rest of the ladies who participated today!

Julie Winder September 19, 2011 at 2:41 PM  

I love that old home too. It could be my dream home. Which I really have to dream because I live in the desert:(

Kat's Purrfect Boutique September 19, 2011 at 5:35 PM  

Cassidy, when you did your mood board, how did you create a 3 dimensional room. I mean did you find the picture of the farm house room in Olio or what? If I'm looking for a room what do I look for? Thanks, Katharine

P.S. I have my board done but it's only 2 dimensional now.

Remodelaholic September 19, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

Kat - how are you?!

Here is the deal- I put the "room" together from a few images I found online in Photoshop, since I was new to Olioboard. But I found out too late, that when you are in the editor, there is a tab that says "Community Sets" that has empty room images you can use.

I have to admit that a few items I tweaked in Photoshop too, because I am a perfectionist, and I wanted the rug to look like it was laying on the floor. Once I tweaked using Transform - Distort, in case you are wondering, I just re-uploaded the image.

I also picked furnishing images that were set up properly for my particular perspective.

But you don't have to do that, it is fun to just play around, until you are happy with the look!

Good Luck!
Cassity

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com September 29, 2011 at 10:00 AM  

Such a pretty, welcoming stone house. I have a weakness for them myself! Your gray and yellow palette is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP