We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Chocolate Carrot Cake and Recipe Link Up

21 September 2011

Okay well "weigh" back when I had Lydia, I was freaking out about my weight.  And to be honest, I just keep struggling.  I am good for a while, and then deadlines (along with stress) pile up, my time is gone and I make awful choices, and increase my sugar intake.  So, my weight has been up and down 5 lbs or so for the last few months and I am still not dropping the final 8-10 lbs.

So, I need to make some easy changes.  One of these is easy dinners, that I don't buy out.  That is where my new menu plan helps a lot, cuz i don't have time to think about what I want to make and honestly that is my least favorite part- thinking of what to make! (which happens too often when I am stressed, and the dishes haven't been done for 4 days!)  So while dinners are getting under control, I still LOVE sugar.

But the hard truth, is I don't really want give up desserts.  I don't have the desire, I really enjoy making treats. That is the kicker... so, this week I decided to just try a little harder to avoid unnecessary sugar, or should I say too much unnecessary sugar.  While still allowing myself to have a few treats every now and then, with limits.

Toward that goal, I messed around with yet another recipe and came up with a pretty decent chocolate carrot cupcake (maybe a little closer to a muffin, but really good!)  I plan on a few tweaks next time, but this recipe was great even without those tweaks!


Chocolate Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Makes 26 (24 plus a small loaf pan)

Mix all dry ingredients together first:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa (**next time I will add 1 cup)
2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Add in the wet ingredients:
1 cup natural applesauce
1/4 cup oil
4 eggs (or egg substitute)
2 ripe smashed bananas
3 cups raw finely shredded carrots! (WHOOPS!)
1/2 cup milk

I baked them as cupcakes, about 3/4 full.   Bake at 350 for approx 20 minutes.
(I froze half... for emergencies!)  ** The cupcakes were not as chocolatey as the picture above, 
it just needs to have more to really taste like chocolate to me... I know!!  It would be good as a cake too, 
but you will need to bake it for approx 1 hour, if you do a large 9 x 13 pan.


Easy Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 oz low fat cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar

Just beat together for frosting!   Optional: After frosting the cupcakes, sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans.

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin. Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME! We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won’t try to tackle (at least once!). We are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, (check out house 1 and house 2 as well, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way. We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what going on in our family life.


Don't forget about our Mood Board Blog Hop!  Please be sure to visit:

6. Stefanie of Brooklyn Limestone
7. Beckie of Infarrantly Creative
8. Allison of House of Hepworths


If this recipe looks good please consider sharing it!  
via a Pin, Facebook or Twitter!
Thanks!!

21 comments:

laxsupermom September 21, 2011 at 8:11 AM  

I know what you mean about rushed, stressed eating and those last 10 lbs. The cupcakes look terrific! Thanks for sharing and for hosting this recipe swap each week.

Anonymous,  September 21, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

This is the first carrot cake recipe I've ever seen that doesn't call for carrots!

saltbox
treasures
September 21, 2011 at 10:01 AM  

Love this chocolate carrot cake recipe! I'll definitely be trying this one! Thanks.
~ Julie

Remodelaholic September 21, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

Uh, yeah speaking of being rushed... I left out the carrots for my recipe. That has been fixed!

Jocelyn September 21, 2011 at 11:25 AM  

Ok, chocolate carrot cake definitely has me interested!!!! Have to try this one out...and I love how healthy it sounds!

Just Wedeminute September 28, 2011 at 10:54 AM  

Hi, I'm a new follower. I found you on Creative Me Monday Hop over and say hi if you get a chance Jennifer from Just Wedeminute--

YUMMO these looks delicious!

Unknown October 2, 2011 at 11:31 PM  

Your carrot cake recipe looks fabulous!! I try to eat a low sugar diet but I love sugar too!! Thanks for joining last week's What's In The Gunny Sack? link party and I hope to see you again for tomorrow's party!

Rachael @ The Little Birdie October 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM  

YUM!! Can't wait to try these! I'm visiting from the NJAH linky party, I hope you'll pop by and say hello!

http://littlebirdiebaby.blogspot.com/2011/10/tutorial-tuesday-linky-party-trio-of.html

I also have a linky party every Tuesday and would love it if you'd link up your tutorial, I'm featuring recipes this week! :) xoxo

michele October 4, 2011 at 9:06 PM  

omg yum! love it! found you via craftomaniac.

hope you'll enter my giveaway:

http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/more-stencil-splendor-giveaway.html

michele

Yes October 5, 2011 at 11:31 AM  

Mmm, that looks so tasty!

I love cream cheese icing and I started mixing in less and less powdered sugar. I've been surprised at how little you can add in to get a decent consistency. It doesn't firm up as much, more of a drizzle, but it satisfies my urge for icing!

Deborah March October 7, 2011 at 8:54 AM  

YUM...just one LOOK has me positively droolin' to make these!! Chocolate and cream cheese...can't go wrong! Thanks for the recipe!

Deborah ♥♥ (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com/... hope you can drop by and say hi!)

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage October 8, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

Wow they look and sound delicious!! Thanks for sharing them at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Lindsay October 8, 2011 at 3:55 PM  

Those recipes look AMAZING! I have got to try the chocolate carrot cake! I am so happy you shared this @ Show & Share!

Unknown October 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

Thanks for sharing! These look delicious. I am featuring this recipe at Lines Across My Face this week.
Rachel
http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/10/cure-for-common-monday-12.html

J's mom October 10, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

Did you say healthy & chocolate? Yummm!! Thanks for sharing. Love it. I'm a new member of your site for sure. Can't wait for more.

Alison Agnew October 13, 2011 at 2:48 PM  

just a note to let you know
that i am featuring your delectable cupcakes
on this week's edition of
fridays unfolded!

alison

April October 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM  

I featured you here friend!
http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2011/10/sweet-saturday-v9.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GingerbreadGirl+%28gingerbread+girl%29

Kim McCallie October 15, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

I've never had chocolate carrot cake but it sounds delicious. Plus, with the cream cheese frosting, it can be anything but good. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP