We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Amazing Teenage Boy's Room Reveal

13 September 2011

Amazing Teenage Boy's Room Reveal 

Mary Ann of Classic * Casual * Home, really has some STUNNING spaces in her home.  I wish that I lived there myself!  This room of her sons could EASILY be inspiration for a master bedroom too!  I hope you enjoy it!


This is our son, Tommy's remodeled room.  
When we bought the house, the room looked like this below.
The ceiling was pitched to the right.  We gave it a center pitch and added insulation.  
We removed the middle window and added two on the sides and new oak flooring 

 Tommy picked out the antique engraving on the far wall when we lived in Paris.  
He was in second and third grade (I dragged him to flea markets)
and has loved France ever since, especially the food
and their national soccer team.  It shows a French ship beating a British flotilla. 

 Do you think Tommy's room normally looks like this?
 Of course, not.  He's an 18 year old.    
Tommy is a prankster...
remember my momentary elation when I thought 
Martha Stewart commented on my first Kitchen Remodel post here ?  
It said..."Decent article.  Keep working on it. 
You'll get the hang of it." 
Sort of an authentic ring to it, right?

Here is a view into his bathroom.
Here is what it used to look like.
Below is his bathroom.  
This was featured in an earlier post on all three bath remodels.

And more normally...
Look how neat his desk is.
That's because last month...

Tommy graduated from Newport Harbor High School in California
and three days later he started the summer session at the University of Florida.
(I'm holding the diploma with the bad hair--windy day).
It's nice having his room look like this, but I'd still rather have Tommy in it.  
We have an empty nest now with our daughter in New York city.  
But Tommy will be back for a couple weeks in August.

Do you miss your children's messes or are you still "enjoying" them?

If you like this post please consider pinning it!  or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook!

This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers! We love to share your projects with this great blogging community. So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in! Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!



If you like this bedroom check out these past features as well:



6 comments:

Mary Ann Pickett September 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

Thanks so much for having me over, Cassity! Tommy will be back home for Christmas...so it will be neat at least until then. We miss that guy. Hate to think what his dorm room is looking like right now!

Catherine September 13, 2011 at 6:14 PM  

Oh how I miss their messes. Mine have been gone awhile and, in fact, both got married this year. Their old rooms have been redone and I now have more guest rooms than guests. Sigh! Anyway, Tommy's room is so attractive. I'm sure he will enjoy it each time he comes home.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door September 13, 2011 at 8:44 PM  

Even in it's messy state your son's room is still quite neat compared to my kiddos! LOL! I agree, this is an amazing teen boys room. I love the ship print. So many great aspects to this room! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants September 13, 2011 at 9:14 PM  

Very peaceful! I was just telling my husband tonight I want it all back, the noise, chaos, fighting, cuddling kids. I miss them terribly! I never thought that would be me!

Stephanie September 20, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

I sometimes miss it, but then again I think I have gotten used to the quiet. His room looks so functional and styled now. Great job! Now it is YOU time :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP