We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Dandelion Yellow Painted End Tables

19 August 2011

Dandelion Yellow Painted End Tables


 It feels good to be back!! I know it's only been about two weeks, but I missed the bloggy world... a LOT!! So, where have I been you ask? Well, hubby & I took a last minute trip up to our beautiful home state of Michigan. Best. Decision. EVER! We had such a relaxing time hanging out with family & friends while enjoying the comfortable summer weather compared to the unbearable humidity in North Carolina. We spent a lot of time at my parents lovely cottage on the lake... I feel so refreshed & rejuvenated.. this vacation was much needed! I had all intentions of blogging while I was home, but having my computer off for two weeks & being cut off from the world was great for my mind, body, & soul.. I recommend you try it sometime! I completed a few projects before we left on our road trip, & here is one of them, my dandy-lion tables....



Love this color! It's my new favorite.. It's part of the Martha Stewart collection called, Dandy-Lion.


Before...


I picked these tables up for about $13 from Goodwill... They just needed some love. 

After...


I felt like these retro styled tables needed a retro color to liven them up... I wish my house needed some yellow tables, because I love the finished product!

Before...


All I did to prep the tables was a little bit of cleaning and sanding. Primer or major stripping was not necessary. 

After...

The distressed detail added more charm.


I painted these in my house because it was too hot outside to paint, but this is after all the painting was done & before the distressing & stain. I distressed with an 80 grit sandpaper & brushed on a dark walnut stain to mute the yellow a tiny bit. 


I think the yellow is beyond perfect for these tables. Have I said that enough? 


These tables would add a lovely pop of color to any room. They could be used as bed side tables, or couch end tables.. the options are endless really.

                                                     

I love the legs on the tables & all the detail on the side. 


okay. I hope you loved seeing my lovely little Dandy-Lion tables. & thank you for bearing with me with my cut off from the blogging world. I am back & I have a lot of posts lined up.. Also more giveaways. I hope you all had an amazing fourth of July.. It was so good to spend Independence day with family & friends! Swing by Liz Marie Blog facebook page & share with me what you have been working on lately.. I would love to see!!!


This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers! We love to share your projects with this great blogging community. So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in! Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!






Check out these other great posts that feature the color YELLOW!

4 comments:

Wendy August 19, 2011 at 9:00 PM  

My parents have these tables! They've had them since I was a kid. Never thought to paint them. Very cute!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP