We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Whole Wheat Zucchini Pancakes! and Recipe Link Party

12 June 2011



Well, I am totally wiped out from today and ready for bed (it is actually Saturday night as I write this),....SO not in the mood to post a recipe.  But with zucchini season upon us, I guess I better show you something to use up the abundant veggie before it takes of your life and refrigerator.

One thing that I have been LOVING lately is whole wheat pancakes (my wonderful sister Noelle's recipe) with yogurt- (homemade low sugar Greek yogurt!!!!) and fruit on top...okay, and some syrup!  I have been making Greek yogurt almost weekly lately, I need to update my yogurt recipe because I now have it down to an art and have simplified the steps, so look forward to that revised recipe soon)

Anyway, with pancakes on my mind, and squash taking up half of my counter, I thought I would just add a few shredded cups to my pancakes.  And guess what it turned out perfectly!  And I actually feel pretty good about eating this, I am not saying it is low calorie, but you get: 2-3 fruit, 1 veggie, whole grain, and dairy serving in one little dish!


Whole Wheat Zucchini Pancakes
Makes approximately 12 pancakes  
(I always save half some in a Ziploc bag in the fridge for the next day!)

2 cups whole grain wheat
2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp oil
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
2 cups grated zucchini 
1 cup special dark chocolate chips (optional**)

I just grate the zucchini right into the bowl, then add the rest of the ingredient and stir.  Cook over a medium/hot griddle, sprayed with cooking spray, flip when the edges start to look matte (lose their shine).  Serve HOT, and i hope you LOVE them!

**Okay, so you don't have to add the chocolate chips but there is not a lot of sugar, so they add sweetness and sorta balance out the veggie in your pancakes factor.  If you omit them you may want to consider either adding a tiny bit more sugar,  or just use a bit more syrup and call it good.  (I can't promise the pancakes will be as good without them...not only am I a Remodelaholic, but I am definitely a Chocoholic!!!) 

This recipe also works as just a simple whole wheat pancake when you leave out the zucchini, cinnamon and chocolate chips

Toppings:
Greek Yogurt or Regular Vanilla yogurt
Sliced Strawberries
Sliced bananas
Blueberries
Syrup (optional)


What have you all been making? 
 And please, if you have any yellow squash or zucchini recipes link them up for me!!!

Party Rules:
Please grab a button for your linked blog post 
Please become a public follower of Remodelaholic!

Remodelaholic



** ALSO - I would be really thankful if when you try a recipe, you’d please link to my post for the recipe.  That way people can find and join our party, and we will all benefit from some extra traffic love!   If the recipe is a guest feature, please link to the original author's blog post that is hyper linked at the top of the page!

Thank you!



6 comments:

laxsupermom June 12, 2011 at 7:55 AM  

Zucchini Pancakes sound like such a tasty healthy option. Thanks for sharing and for hosting this linkup each week.

The enchanted home June 12, 2011 at 9:39 AM  

Another winner! Man do those look good right now! I love that its a healthy version of an old fattening classic:) Stop by for my amazing new giveaway!

Maggie Massey June 12, 2011 at 7:33 PM  

Thank you so much for this link party! I desperately need to change things up a bit (recipe-wise...;)) - hope you had a fantastic weekenD!

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} June 12, 2011 at 8:37 PM  

We both had zucchini in the shopping basket this week! I've put my soup recipe above.
Your pancakes look delicious, thanks for hosting :)

the cape on the corner June 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM  

i have nothing to link up. i just want to tell you that those look so yummy, and the pictures are great!

Monkey Momma's Crafts June 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

Oh my word! These are AMAZING!!! I just tried them last night as a part of my freezer cooking. My 2 year old thinks they are "cupcakes" instead of pancakes lol. YUMMY!! I made 2 substitutions. Instead of oil I used applesauce and instead of sugar I used Agave Nectar. They turned out excellent! Thanks for the recipe! it's going to be a new regular!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP