We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Budget Friendly Kitchen Remodel

08 June 2011

Budget Friendly Kitchen Remodel by Ritajoy

Thank you, Cassity, for inviting me to do a guest post on your {amazing!} blog.  I feel incredibly honoured…
I’m Ritajoy and my blog home is Harbour Breeze.



I’m a wife and mom, and am so blessed to be living and working at a camp on the West Coast of British Columbia, Canada.  After spending all my growing up years on the prairies of Montana, the waterfront view out my kitchen window still takes my breath away.
One of my passions in life is creating “home” out of a house…and doing so on a very tight budget!:)  That is the subject of most of my blogs…{with a little sprinkling of family,  recipes, and photography, too}.
Our latest  reno venture was our kitchen.  As with any project I start, the changes were prompted for some specific reasons:
1.  I’m short!~ I could only reach the bottom shelf of my (hung too high) upper cupboards. It seemed a shame to have all that “prime real estate” in the cupboards unused most of the time!


2.  The whole look of the kitchen didn’t fit in with the charm of this old, historical house. (And it wasn’t really my style, either…)


I pulled $100 out of the air as my personal budget challenge.  The entire amount was spent on the first trip to Home Depot.  Yikes!…
It turned out to be the best thing ever.  It helped me to “think outside the box” and use things that I already had sitting around…
An old window and repainted dresser turned into our message center:



Curtains made out of painter’s drop cloth became “cupboard doors” for some thrift store cabinets.  (And I love them so much I don’t think I want doors anymore!)



A few coats of paint and  new hardware (given to me by a friend) completely changed the look of the European cupboard doors…




Beadboard wallpaper (doesn’t it look like the real thing??) and “As Is” Ikea shelves turned an unfinished wall into a finished one…



A scrap piece of wood and some craft paint became a “vintage” sign…



And the upper cupboards that started this whole makeover?…We lowered them,  took the doors off, added in extra shelves…and “crowned” them!


Now I can reach up to the third shelf without standing on a chair!!
Here’s the whole thing…
Before…



And after…



In the end, the project totalled $159.00…
I’m so glad I got to chat with you today.  Feel free to come over for a “blog visit” anytime!:)


10 comments:

maggie June 8, 2011 at 7:40 AM  

That is just a totally amazing improvement! And for less than $200? Wow!

stephaniegiese June 8, 2011 at 7:42 AM  

What a beautiful transformation for very little money! My favorite part is the message center. I love the distressed paint on the frame!

Carrie June 8, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

Amazing results no matter how much you spent!..But $159?!?! YOU ROCK!!!!

From G2B June 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

This was incredible! Cannot believe how much you could accomplish with 160! You should be in charge of the national deficit!

Isabel June 8, 2011 at 4:10 PM  

These are the kind of remodels that really rock my world!! So amazing and with so little money!! AWESOME job!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP