We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Complete Kitchen Transformation; White Cabinets

30 May 2011

Complete Kitchen Transformation by Emily

When Miss Cassidy of Remodelaholic asked me to do a post on our kitchen make over, I was thrilled! Remodelaholic is one of my absolute fave blogs, so this is quite an honor!
First, let me give you a little background on the house and how we got to this point...... About 6 years ago, I was asked, by an acquaintance, to assist him in making interior selections for his soon to be bachelor pad. Over the next several months I helped him select tile, cabinets, countertops and paint for his charming 1940's tear-down. His style was rustic and unrefined...and the house was later furnished with over stuffed leather sofas, cow hide rugs and animal heads on the walls. (Soooo not my style, by the way)
Fast forward to 4 years later, and this "acquaintance" was about to become my husband.....and this charming 1940's tear down with the rustic decor was about to become my home. Yikes! As soon as we got married I went to work transforming his house into our home as I wanted a much more sophisticated look. You can read all about the transformations HERE...
I knew right away that I wanted to remodel the kitchen. It was drab, boring and lacked a sufficient amount of storage. My vision was to lighten, brighten and to add a sense of sophistication to the space. Here is our kitchen before the make over...
And here is our kitchen today!!

Not only did we paint our cabinets off white, we added glass uppers for additional storage and lowered the height of the island for a more comfortable dining space.

We replaced the tiled counter tops with honed Absolute Black granite. I am glad that I selected honed rather than polished as it gives it a more casual feel…

The tile backsplash has been replaced with a 1/2″ x 1/2″ White Carrara marble which is polished, so when the under cabinet lighting hits it just right, it’s as if it sparkles! You can read more about the finishes HERE...



We removed the stained shutter over the kitchen window and replaced it with a fabric shade which was my Friday night D.I.Y project……which you can read more about HERE...


Thanks again to Remodelaholic for giving me the opportunity to show off our kitchen make over!
XOXO,
Emily Hewett
A Well Dressed Home



8 comments:

Anonymous,  May 30, 2011 at 7:26 AM  

Happy Memorial Day, Cassity! Oh, my goodness. This kitchen is gorgeous and what a difference. I sure can get jealous coming over here and seeing all these marvelous makeovers! :)
Be a sweetie,
Sehlia :)

Anonymous,  May 30, 2011 at 8:07 AM  

Gorgeous! I love the light fixtures, the glass uppers, and the color palate!

Libby May 30, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

Just cruising through the blogosphere via "A Crummy Marriage Blog" while eating my yogurt, which I would LOVE to be doing so in my kitchen--if it even looked like your before kitchen! Which I thought was just fine, but you really upped the stakes with a stunning remodel! No long is the house a "tear down"!
Congrats on work well done.

Unknown May 30, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

Wow, absolutely fantastic transformation - really took it to a whole other level! Well done xx

Steph @ Birdhouse May 31, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

This is a gorgeous makeover! I LOVE all the choices you made and the DIY touches.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP