We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Pasta with Squash & Recipe Link Up Party

24 April 2011

HAPPY EASTER!!

The other day around dinner time I was seriously tempted to just go out to eat.  I didn't want anything we had and I seriously wasn't in the mood to cook- AT -ALL!  But the thing is, I know I will be disappointed if we eat out.  The food just really isn't that good, and I feel frustrated every time, for wasting my money and my health. (okay, unless I go to Jersey Mikes, and get a roast beef sandwich, then I am perfectly happy!)  Please Jersey mikes send me some gift certificates- I will totally talk you up!!

But anyway, my husband was set to heat up some left overs and he noticed some zucchini and yellow squash in the fridge that he decided would be good to saute.  Around that time Etta came in from a trip to the pantry carrying a box of whole wheat penne pasta asking for a cracker... and that is when inspiration hit!

I had this vision and was semi sure we would enjoy a cheesy squash and pasta something or other.  I searched really quickly online, but couldn't find anything that matched the image in my head, so we just went for it.  And I am telling you, IT WAS GOOD.


This literally only took 15 minutes to make.  And it is good for you, and creamy, and delicious and easy and....!  Like you are eating something naughty, like alfredo... but not!  Yea!

I made mine without meat, but it would only add 5 minutes to the cooking time to add grilled chicken slices.

Creamy 15 minute Pasta and Vegetables
 Serves 4-5


1 lb box Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
2- cups Cottage Cheese
1-2 cups Spinach, torn into small pieces
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1/2 tsp onions powder
sprinkle or two of Garlic Salt

1 Zucchini, sliced
1 Yellow Squash, sliced
1/2 yellow or white onion sliced

Optional: Sliced Grilled Chicken breast seasoned to taste with salt and pepper


Instructions:
Cook the pasta according to directions.

While the water is heating and pasta is cooking is cooking slice the zucchini, squash and onion, into 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick slices, season with salt and pepper.  Spray a frying pan with olive oil.  Heat up to high, add the veggies, and cook quickly (for about 3-4 minutes) til slightly brown on each side.  Set aside for a few minutes (you can leave them in the pan just remove from heat)

Drain the pasta, reserving a tablespoon or two of the liquid in the saucepan, return the pasta to sauce pan.  Add 2 cups cottage cheese, grated Parmesan, torn spinach, garlic salt and onion powder stir until melted, (you can put it back over the still hot unit or very low heat unit)  Add the squash, and mix completely.

Serve immediately while hot!


Party Rules:
Please grab a button for your linked blog post 
Please become a public follower of Remodelaholic!

Remodelaholic







** ALSO - I would be really thankful if when you try a recipe, you’d please link to my post for the recipe.  That way people can find and join our party, and we will all benefit from some extra traffic love!   If the recipe is a guest feature, please link to the original author's blog post that is hyper linked at the top of the page!

Thank you!

2 comments:

Little Miss Penny Wenny April 24, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

Looks delicious! I also often make up dinner concoctions as I go, and find that pasta with veggies is my go-to for a quick and simple meal. I have never tried using cottage cheese though, what a great idea! Will def be trying that soon. Thanks for the party gil! Happy Easter :)

xoxoxo

Jen

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP