We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

White Book Shelves with Black Interiors

24 March 2011

For those of you that have been reading my blog for a while you know that I just recently had our second child.  This transition has been hard... (you mothers of more than one are all laughing I am sure)  But there is a major difference between one child and two.

Namely, with one, you are almost always guaranteed to have some time to do what you want during naps.  But with two, they do this tag team thing, (a secret combination if you will).  One says to the other, "You stay awake, while I rest and then we can switch!"  Don't get me wrong, I love having them, and will have more, it is just taking a little time and more patience(for the things that I want to do but can't) than I currently have, but it will come.  And in the end the family living in the room is more important than the perfect looking room, right?

But with this new little babe it is so much harder to get things done around here, and even if I do get a project done, blogging about it is almost impossible- (I will still try to post though, don't worry).

But I am constantly being inspired by great design, so I think I might show off a few inspiration photo posts now and then.  I used to do this in the past- but made it harder than it needed to be, so I stopped, but here is to new beginnings!  I think this will help me to feel like something is getting done.



This image came via my Apartment Therapy email.  I love the black doors, (which we have been doing in our house).  But what really caught my eye was the interiors of those shelves in the background.  The black!  I love it.  I was thinking it might be an interesting option for my living room shelves.... (but do you think I will ever get the chance to paint them again? I am not so sure, especially with how hard black would be to cover up, I might have to test it out with black paper and see how it would look in real life.

8 comments:

Erin March 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

I love black and white; they're so classy together. You're probably smart to try black paper first. Another idea would be to try a tiny area with black, then see how easy it is to paint over.

Congrats on baby #2. Don't worry, it gets easier as they get a little bigger.

laxsupermom March 24, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

Beautiful inspiration pic! Eventually 2 is less work than 1, because they'll be able to amuse each other. This is a few years off, yet, for you, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, and you will have time for yourself again. And then they'll start sports, and you'll be chained to your car, but I digress. Love the pic! Can't wait to see if you decide to do the bold black shelf interiors.

Kim @ keller-creative March 24, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

I saw something on the nate show today where they covered pieces of cardboard with fabric and fit them in to the back of the shelves. Easy to remove and easy to change. I'm thinking about doing it.

banclothing March 24, 2011 at 2:33 PM  

The drama is amazing!!! I think the white flatware also adds a ton of class.

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} March 24, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

Once your second gets older, I advocate an early bedtime for both. It's 7pm and both my boys have been asleep since 6:30.

The night will be yours again soon. After #2 is a year...it does get easier.

Wait til they both drop naps, that's the real kicker.

The paper idea is great BTW. You can change it cheaply and on a whim!

Be Colorful Coastal March 24, 2011 at 10:40 PM  

I am such a groupie of the black and white duo. Why didn't I think of this. Inspired! Thanks for this ingenious post. I am ready to go paint my bookshelves. :)
Pam @ BeColorful

Amy March 25, 2011 at 6:18 AM  

Wonderful idea! I was just thinking about painting my bookshelves and this really inspires me to get it done.

My only advice about having the second (and third, and fourth) as a mom of almost grown kids, give yourself a little break to just enjoy them. Don't try to do it all at once. It sounds so cliche but it goes by so fast. Don't look back wondering why you cared so much about stuff and projects...just enjoy them and do the best you can with everything else.

Evey's Creations April 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

:) aww LOL, you are ABSOLUTELY right! The transition from 1 to 2 is way harder than any other! After that, it just gets easier, I mean what is just ONE more right?! :) I have three! Also, I LOVE the black backgrounds to those bookshelves!! CONGRATS on the new baby!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP