We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Nautical Themed Little Boys Bedroom

02 March 2011

Nautical Themed Little Boys Bedroom
contributed by 


Welcome to my son's bedroom!  Creating this "warm" space for my little guy was such a pleasure!  I adore this room and wanted to share it with you.

The creation of this room started with a well-detailed plan.  I often do a lot of research and write-down/sketch my ideas. I also collect various magazine clippings for inspiration.  Once I have my theme, I begin shopping! 

First in order was paint.  Paint, to me, is so important; it’s the backdrop for the entire room.  It’s definitely a mood setter.  Since I went with a nautical design, I wanted blue walls. In my previous home, my husband and I tried a suede technique and I loved it! Thus, starting my quest for the perfect “blue” suede paint.  And to my surprise, I found it:  Ralph Lauren Suede paint, color: Ventana.


After the walls were completed, my husband added crown molding.  Once it was installed, we added an additional piece of decorative molding just below it.  For a "special" touch, I hand painted a navy blue stripe in between the two pieces.  I really like the look we achieved; it added a little architectural touch to my son’s small box-shaped bedroom. 

My next task, was to tackle the awkward bump out in the room.  I had an extra armchair, so I decided to turn it into a reading nook.  I really enjoy this area; it’s cozy and perfect for reading.



Finally, it was time for accessorizing, my favorite part!  Most of my purchases were either sale or clearance items; which made my son’s room furnished for a fraction of the cost!

I always knew I wanted a nautical bedroom for my little man. A "transitional" nautical space, one he could grow with. A room that felt modern, yet traditional.  And, I think I achieved it.  I can honestly say, this is my favorite room in the house!




****

Question, What’s your favorite room in the house?



Where did you purchase that?




3 in 1 Crib/Bed:  Burlington Coat Factory
Nightstand:  Coaster Furniture
Nautica Bedding:  Dillard’s Home Store (Going Out of Business Sale)
Nautical Rug:  Pottery Barn Outlet
Grommet Decorative Pillows:  Big Lots 
Grommet Top Drapes:  Walmart (Clearance)
Nautical Wall Flags:  Land Of Nod
Framed Sailboat Art:  Pottery Barn Kids
Wall Oars:  Pottery Barn
Decorative Buoys:  Pottery Barn
Wall Lamp:  JCPenney
Chair Slipcover:  Big Lots

1 comments:

Pamma March 2, 2011 at 5:58 PM  

This looks fantastic! Love the colors and theme. I keep threatening to go to a Big Lots...now I am going have to do it--love the slipcover on the chair.
Great job and bet your little guy likes it too.
~Pam
pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP