We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Hamburger and Grape-Tomato Pizza & Recipe Link Up Party

27 March 2011

Well, I cooked again this week (wait a second while I pat myself on the back!) and was a little more committed to how I ate.  I felt it too, I just felt like this week would be better!... and it was.  I lost maybe 2 lbs or just slightly less.  So, either way that felt like great progress.

I will have to talk about my mind set right now later though cuz I am about to fall asleep!  This weekend has been busy!  We (read Justin) finished installing a deck that we technically started 2 years ago... I know, but it just wasn't a priority.  But now that we have a toddler that wants to be "out-shide" all day and all night long, we have been cleaning up the back yard!  I am really excited for the time we can spend back there!  But we worked on cleaning the yard all day!

Anyway, this week I tried out a Martha recipe that was really good and pretty simple, but a nice change from your average pizza.  I made a  few changes, but mostly just followed their instructions.

Photo via Martha!

Hamburger and Grape-Tomato Pizza

Pizza Dough -(or use frozen if you want)
Whisk 3 3/4 cups flour (I used 3 white whole wheat and 3/4 white flour and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, make a well in center of flour.
In a large measuring cup whisk together 1 1/3 cups warm water, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 packet yeast, pour into well in flour.

When foamy, mix in 3 tablespoons olive oil; mix till combined and  knead until smooth, 5 minutes.

Brush with olive oil, cover in a bowl and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Divide into two 1-pound balls. Use 1 pound per recipe unless noted.

Toppings
3/4 cup store-bought marinara sauce
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (they suggested Provolone and my store didn't have it)
(next time I will add some Mozzarella s well!)
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (I used the whole little clear container, I think it was a pint?)
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 pound ground beef chuck
Coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray your rimmed cooking sheet with olive oil spray.

On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin and your hands to roll and stretch dough into a 15-by-11-inch rectangle (if dough becomes too elastic to work with, let it rest a few minutes). Transfer to prepared sheet.

Spread sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Top with provolone, tomatoes, and if desired, onion; scatter beef over top. Season with salt and pepper.

Bake until crust is golden, beef is cooked, and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.

Party Rules:
Please grab a button for your linked blog post 
Please become a public follower of Remodelaholic!
Remodelaholic


** ALSO - I would be really thankful if when you try a recipe, you'd please link to my post for the recipe.  That way people can find and join our party, and we will all benefit from some extra traffic love!  

Thank you!

7 comments:

Unknown March 27, 2011 at 7:35 AM  

That looks yummy! I added your button to my "where I party page"... thanks for hosting.

Laura Lynn March 27, 2011 at 7:43 AM  

That looks and sounds really good. I'm always up for different pizza topping combos. When I was in Japan, I had some seaweed and fish toppings (not anchovies) like real small fish with heads and eyes (they were crispy like chips) and it was surprisingly good!
Hope you are well!!

Nina March 27, 2011 at 8:05 AM  

Congrats on your weightloss! Every pound counts, and they add up fast ;)

laxsupermom March 27, 2011 at 8:08 AM  

Yum! That looks so good! Glad to hear you busted through the plateau. Can't wait to see the deck pics. Thanks for sharing and for hosting this recipe swap each week.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP