We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Faux Board And Batten For $50

10 March 2011

Faux Board And Batten For $50
contributed by Little Blue Chairs


I am calling this collateral damage.



After spending weeks working on the storage space across from the bathroom I got it in my head that our bathroom was all wrong and needed a bright, clean new look.  So I decided to say Bye-Bye to my little birdies and their trees.


 Now, Don't get me wrong.  I loved my little trees, especially since they were a labor of love (check out Making Mistakes Work).  But, we have been living with them for almost 2 years, and I just felt the bathroom was just screaming out -white, I want to be white. 

I have been having this back and forth struggle with trying to go very pale or adding color to my space.  Latley, I am being seduced more by the very pale look of the Scandinavian country styles that I so love.  So it was an easy choice when it came to changing our bathroom.

Since it is such a small space I felt I could try it out.




I also, wanted to try my had at the faux board and batten.





I think I love it!.

It took me a weeks worth of time to do the work, and around $50 in materials.




I pretty much stripped it down and let the natural elements do their jobs.  The shelf I ended up using was re-purposed from the basement.  I still have 3 of them down there. I love the way it looks so much that the remaining shelves may show up in other places.



And the best response I got was from my daughter who told me it was so beautiful, it brought tears to her eyes. 


3 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP