We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Carnitas And Recipe Link Up Party

20 March 2011

Well this week has been frustrating for weight loss.  I haven't lost a single pound and technically that basically makes three weeks stuck at 184.  I haven't made the best of choices this week I will admit to that, but they haven't been awful either.  I am hoping I am not one of those persons who can't loose weight while breast feeding...  I remember now that I was still hanging on to about ten or fifteen pounds when I went to visit family after having Etta and she was 3 months old then, so we shall see.

I did cook quite a bit this week though and one of the meals I made was Carnitas, just pork tacos basically, but they are good and so here you go!


Carnitas Recipe

Boneless pork loin roast
(size needed depends on how many you are planning on serving, I cooked a 2lb roast)
Bon Appetit Season Salt

Preheat oven, sprinkle roast liberally with Bon Appetit Seasoning (technically we use my families own season salt but the closest thing to it is Bon Appetit...) Place the roast in a pan, fat side up and bake at 375 for 20 minutes or so per pound of meat or until you reach an internal temperature of 160.  Remove from oven when done, allow to rest about 10 minutes,  Slice or chop into small pieces, pour any juice back over the meat before serving.

Flour Tortillas (or Corn if you prefer)
Brown rice prepared according to package directions

Salsa Cruda Recipe
This is the simple salsa that we make for this meal.  I like it cause I usually have everything in my pantry, besides the fresh cilantro which is totally necessary so don't skip out on that.

1 quart home canned tomatoes, or 4 cups canned plain stewed tomatoes
1 onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup diced green chilies (I use canned)
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp sugar
fresh ground pepper
salt and garlic powder to taste

Pour Juice into bowl and chop or squash tomatoes to desired size (we usually do kinda chunky!)  Then just add remaining ingredients and mix together.  Best if served at room temperature.  (this is good on eggs or just with chips...

Now to serve, just assemble the meat, salsa and rice if desired over a tortilla and you are done.


Okay, now it is time for you to share!


Party Rules:
Please grab a button for your linked blog post 
Please become a public follower of Remodelaholic!
Remodelaholic


* ALSO - I would be really thankful if when you try a recipe, and want to post about it that you please link to my post for the recipe.  That way people can find and join our party, and we will all benefit from some extra traffic love!   If the recipe is a guest feature, please link to the original author's blog post that is hyper linked at the top of the page!

Thank you!

9 comments:

Unknown March 20, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

Love Carnitas. Yours look great. I've never used a Pork Loin Roast...only Boston Butt. I'm sure it's much more lean. I'll give it a try next time! thanks!

Epesse March 20, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

Hi, thanks for the opportunity of sharing. I've lost 10 kgs (22 pounds!) in 3 months with an hiperprotein diet. I've learn some tricks about low-fat recipes. I've post my delicious low-fat cheese cake, but it's in spanish, so I translate it for you to try. You need 3 eggs, 3 lemon flavoured 0% fat yoghourts, 3 0% fat withe cheese, 1 sp of Maizena (a corn flour, used the most to make salsa gets thicker), liquid no-sugar sweet (as you wish...). Mix it until you can't find the cheese. Oven for 40- 45 minutes at 170ºC (338ºF). Enjoy!

Cassie March 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM  

I am right there with you on the not losing weight while nursing. I actually gained weight, while all around me my friends were going to skinnier than pre-pregnancy. It was very, very depressing, but after 3 babies I decided that my body must just need the extra pounds and I would just deal with it later. Good luck...

laxsupermom March 20, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

Plateau-ing weight can be super frustrating, but knowing that you're feeding your baby right can take the sting out of it. If you've been eating healthily(and those carnitas look wonderfully lean and healthy,) then you may need to increase your calorie output to make the number budge.

Your baby can help with calorie output. Putting her in a sling or baby bjorn will be like carrying around a medicine ball all day plus it's good bonding time, too. I used my boys like weights to do triceps kicks(held over head, bend elbows, lean head back & give kiss, straighten arms,) and once they were bigger I used them for leg extensions. At 3 sets of 15, I always counted along, and WD could count to 15 at 13 months.

If after increasing your calorie output, your weight still doesn't budge, you may just need to cut yourself a break. We're here for you. Thanks for hosting this recipe swap each week.

Martha March 20, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

Thanks for hosting! Great recipe! I'm your newest follower and latest player with "intentional leftovers," also added your blog hop button to my sidebar. Enjoy the last of the weekend!

Jane March 20, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

I never made Carnitas before so I bookmarked your recipe! I know my husband would love it if I made them! :)

Thanks for hosting!

Erin March 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM  

Hello, I just found your blog via Busy as a Bee in Paris. Thanks for hosting a recipe swap - what a terrific idea. I shared my pita recipe:)

Rebecca@This Present Life March 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM  

Don't get discouraged about your weight, Cassity. It took longer with my second, too, but the weight did come off on its own just like it did with my second (in addition to eating healthy and yoga). Just give it time, try not to stress about it and enjoy that sweet baby :)

my thrifty closet March 21, 2011 at 2:12 AM  

Hi! I google for recipe link parties and found you. Thanks for hosting and sharing the lovely Carnitas recipe!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP