We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Black Beans and Chocolate? YES! Recipe Link Up Party

13 March 2011

Well, this week has been good. I actually cooked almost every night this week and that is saying something! (at least for me!) Oh, and I joined back up to Weight Watchers Online.

For right now, I am trying to get used to the new system. I feel like they have me on WAY too many possible points for a given day, but we will figure this new system out, right?

I have only lost an additional 3 pounds-ish since my last weigh in, so we are now at 184. For weight loss, the second week wasn't really anything and this third week, has been blah. I am actually a little anxious to start exercising again- not like I've exercised in recent history, but I want to- can you believe that? I am just trying to wait til I get the full go ahead from my doctors.

Actually, Sunday, marks a month since I had Lydia. I CANNOT BELIEVE it! Time flies, people! Pig don't, but time certainly does.

Here is a recent picture or two of the wee one and me... (for fun or you can check out our family blog for another recent post)



Okay, so for a recipe this week, I will admit, old habits DIE HARD with a vengeance! I have been craving cake CHOCOLATE CAKE for 2 weeks. I actually have done really well not making anything. But when I joined WW again, I had the extra points, so I thought I would stop completely denying myself. But I still wanted to try some healthier version of a baked chocolate good. So, I Google searched.

Honestly how did we live before search engines on the internet? This is what I found on a new to me blog Healthy Indulgences, I am sure I will be there looking for cheats ALL to often now that I found it- and the recipe I tried was to die for.

Check out the picture and tell me what you think....

I know you what you are thinking, uh, yea, I can't eat that, but you just might be able to! to quote the author of this amazing recipe "Chocolate cake made without flour, sugar, or dairy. Low carb and gluten-free"? Uh yea! AMAZING!

Okay, so I didn't have all the things she had, so I improvised. My version is not dairy free or exactly sugar free, so check out her site for that, but according to the new Weight Watcher Points Plus a serving of this cake is only 5 points! Yea for chocolate cake...


(Does that remind you of Bill Cosby?... it did to me, so I had to find the video, enjoy!)

I could eat this for breakfast....


Black Bean Chocolate Cake
serves 15

1-15 ounce can of unseasoned black beans, drained and rinsed
OR 1 1/2 cup cooked beans, any color
5 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoons light butter
2/3 cup Agave Nectar
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole olive oil cooking spray.

To make the cake, drain and rinse beans, shake off excess water. Place 3 of the eggs, beans vanilla, and salt into blender (if you do it in that order it will keep the beans from getting al stuck at the bottom, but maybe my blender is just annoying like that). Liquefy that mixture!

In another small bowl whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, and powder.

In a Large bowl, I used my Kitchen Aid, beat butter, till smooth, add agave nectar and beat again. Add remaining two eggs one at a time, beating for a minute after each addition. Now add the bean batter into butter mixture and mix until combined. Finally, stir in cocoa powder slowly. Once it is incorporated, beat the batter on high for one minute, until smooth. Scrape batter into pan.

Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cake is done with the top is rounded and firm to the touch. then cover in plastic wrap or lid.

Buttercream Chocolate Frosting
(This makes just enough for one layer, but there isn't a lot! just FYI)
1/2 cup (1 stick) light butter
1/4 cup sugar
5-6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons coconut milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
Sweetener packets (the kind for drinks I used 6)

Cream the butter in a small bowl, Add sugar, then beat until smooth. Slowly blend in the cocoa powder, vanilla, and sea salt. Beat in the coconut milk. Add sweetener packets to taste (or splenda if you have it).

IN my opinion, this cake tastes best at room temperature.  Although I tried it while it was hot and I didn't notice any bean-y-ness at all.  It is seriously amazing.


Party Rules:
Please grab a button for your linked blog post
Please become a public follower of Remodelaholic!
Remodelaholic


** ALSO - If you try a recipe, please link to my post. That way people can find and join our party, and we will all benefit from some extra traffic love!

Thank you!

10 comments:

COTTAG3 March 13, 2011 at 7:25 AM  

Your little girl is beautiful. I guess time flies for all of us because I thought you had her last week. I'm so glad you showed a picture of the choc. cake. I don't know if I would have tried it just seeing the recipe...with beans but the picture looks so good.

laxsupermom March 13, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

Yum! I love using bean flour in chocolate recipes, because the chocolate totally hides the bean flavor.(I switch to sorghum for yellow cake) Your cake looks scrumptious! Thanks for sharing.

Kelli W March 13, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

That cake looks so yummy and your little girl is adorable! Congrats on the weight lose...I have got to get back on WW!

Anonymous,  March 13, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

ok, with the cake!But I won't speak about it.
I want to speak about this sweet, tender, beautiful angel, Ludia! I am a mother of three and they are not babies anymore. I believe that children are the unique hope in our world.
You are so lucky having her and I hope she will have a wonderful and lucky life. Enjoy every moment with her, she will soon grow up, before you realize it. My best wishes for both of you!

sorry for my poor english!

Dragonfliez Made March 13, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

Beautiful little girl.

ANd great mines think alike... everytime someone says Chocolate Cake I start singing "Dad is great... he gave us chocolate cake"

Prudently Painted Vintage March 13, 2011 at 11:38 AM  

I have to tell you your daughter is GORGEOUS! Loving the hair! My son is two and I think she has more hair than him :)

I went through a phase of trying gluten free desserts. I found a great recipe for brownies using almond flour and avocado in place of butter. They were AMAZING! I will have to do a post on them soon.

Sam March 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM  

That cake looks so good I want to cry :(

I recently started weight watchers, the new points confuse me too, and the extra 40 something bonus points...kinda make me think "what the point?" so I'm sticking to the old points...seems easier to me and I've lost 6 pounds in a week and half!

If you happened to find a massive pizza or a lovely cake that are only like a point each please let me know ;)

Sarah March 14, 2011 at 2:30 AM  

I recently returned to WW and my meeting leader told us last week that you can add a can of diet soda to any cake mix to make low-point cupcakes. She said she likes diet cherry coke with chocolate cake and has heard others add ginger ale to carrot or orange to white cake. She said she hasn't recalculated using the new points plus, but thought it might be around 3 points per cupcake? By omitting the egg and oil you cut a lot of badness, but evidently it tastes really good.

Anonymous,  March 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

This is such a lovely post. Your baby is so cute and the cake looks delicious. I try to follow a low carb diet with little to no gluten. Wow just wow. I must try this cake.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP