We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Easy Homemade Chewy Chocolate Cookies & Recipe Link

13 February 2011

I have been on a total dessert kick that last few weeks.  I am going to be in trouble when i have to start making changes... I think I mentioned this last week.

But anyway, I thought I would try out a recipe from our family cook book that I have never made before.  It is from my brother Rand, the chef and his comment in the cookbook about the recipe cracks me up! - it is just so Rand -  "None of this rolling in powdered sugar stuff or adding walnuts!  This exact recipe won the cookie of the year on Martha Stewart's T.V. show.  Now I will never be able to win the Betty Crocker bake off.  D@%^!"

Anyway, I like this recipe cuz it is made from scratch, I love a good cake mix recipe and I make them too, but sometimes, you are out of cake mixes?  right?  But if you have the baking basics you can always make these!


Chewy Chocolate Cookies

2 cups Sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 ts baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup cocoa

In a large bowl cream butter and add sugar, beating well.  Add eggs one at a time, until well blended.  Mix in vanilla.  In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa; add gradually to butter mixer.  (sometimes you have to add a bit of water).  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

We enjoyed them...



Okay then, what have you been cooking up?


Party Rules:
Please grab a button for your linked blog post and become a public follower of Remodelaholic!

** ALSO - I would be really thankful if when you try a recipe, and want to post about it that you not copy the actual recipe into your post from my blog.  Instead, please link to my post for the recipe.  It takes me quite a bit of time to write it all out, make, photograph and get the instructions clear for you'all.  The shared recipes are rarely (not always but you know what I mean) from cookbooks, but from family traditions or my own version worked out through trial and error...

Please don't get me wrong, I am SO happy when you try them out, especially when you love them, cuz I think that is what recipes should be about- sharing, but I would just appreciate it if you care enough to not copy but link to my post so people can find the party and blog!  Also, if the recipe is a guest feature, please link to the original author's blog post that is hyper linked at the top of the page!
Thank you!
Remodelaholic



3 comments:

laxsupermom February 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

Those cookies look so good and your little helper is so cute enjoying them. Thanks for hosting this recipe swap every week. I love getting meal ideas from the participating blogs.

Heidi February 13, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

Your yummy chocolate cookies reminded me of my yummy Chocolate Caramel Brownies that I linked up today. Thanks for hosting!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP