We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Quick Microwave Pudding Cakes @ Recipe Link Party

09 January 2011

Hey there- I finally have a recipe for today... minus actual pictures.  Which is sad, but I looked online for images that look like it and that will have to do for now.

Okay, so do you ever just need a quick dessert, preferably a baked good that is chocolate-y?

I literally NEED one all too often.  So, I had to find a quick option, I looked around online and found a few recipes, and used my own chocolate pudding cake, to work out the perfect microwave concoction.  And I am here to share it with you TODAY!  That is right, you can make one for yourself in the next 5 minutes...

Okay so the recipe is rather simple.


Microwaved Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
(serves 2)

Combine:
1/4 c flour
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 Tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
small pinch salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp melted butter
2 T milk
Optional chopped pecans or walnuts in desired amount

Mix above ingredients together and split evenly between two large ramekins (7-10 oz) 
or wider coffee mugs would work too.

In another bowl mix together 
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 Tbsp cocoa
Sprinkle half of mixture over each ramekin.

Pour 1/4 cup boiling water over each ramekin.  
(I usually just heat up some water in a mug in the microwave, while I mix up the rest)

Place one ramekin on a small plate (in case of overflow) and  microwave for 1 minute - 1 minute 30 seconds.

Serve with vanilla Ice cream!!!

(source

**Usually in the oven version the pudding is on the bottom while the cake is on top, this doesn't happen in the microwave version, just FYI.

Okay, what have you all been making?


11 comments:

alison January 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM  

I think its very ironic and funny that you posted this. Last night (after 3+ weeks w/o chocolate & sugar) I HAD to have something, so I made a recipe very similar. There's something very comforting in chocolate isn't there?

Heidi January 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM  

I can't wait to try this recipe with my daughter. She and I love chocolate and whenever she goes to the grocery store with me she begs for these little microwave cake thingys. They are very expensive and not that tasty. This will be a wonderful alternative. Thanks for hosting! Have a great week.

Missy January 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

I. Love. You. Made this today for dessert...fabulous! Now if that doesn't bring the college kid back home once in a while I don't know what would!

Life Goes On January 9, 2011 at 3:25 PM  

boy that looks fantastic. Hubby does not like chocolate or any sweets so I would end up having to eat it all by self. You had me at Chocolate.

Houseful of Handmade January 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

This looks delicious! I've been craving chocolate all week, I'll have to try it out tomorrow.

Kimie

Melissah January 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

I'm an interior designer from Melbourne, Australia - I loved your blog, I found it very inspiring. This is all new to me but I have just set up my own blog
scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com
You may like to check it out because I had so much fun doing it. It's got a bit of everything fashion, interiors, food, travel spots - hopefully you will find something in there that you like.
Thanks for providing me with such great entertainment!
Cheers
Melissah

Vikki January 10, 2011 at 8:39 PM  

Hello!!! Man, am I happy I found you! I wish i could tell you whose blog I came to you through, but I have opened and closed a bunch of tabs in the last few hours! :P

Anywhoo, I stumbled upon you while my man was cooking us up a chicken, and I ran to the kitchen to try out your chocolate pudding cake! I remember eating something like this from a box-creation when I was a kid, and let me tell you, yours is WAY better! THANK YOU! I linked in my molasses cookies, and I'll be sure to drop in for more link ups!

I'm going to feature your recipe on my blog tomorrow (along with your linky button!) as I took some photos of it as I was plugging along; looked good, tasted better :) Thanks again, and I can't wait to follow more from you! xo

Vikki January 12, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

hey again Cassity! Here's the link to my go at your chocolate heaven :) my friends are freaking over how easy and delicious it is :) thanks again!!!

http://buoybird.com/2011/01/11/got-chocolate/

XO

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP