We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Updated Foyer Reveal

02 December 2010

Updated Foyer Reveal
party highlight by House to Your Home

Today is the day I finally show off my foyer!  Slowly things are starting to come together but as soon as one room is finished I realized I doubt it’s really finished and there is so much that still needs to be done!
Here is a moodboard of the room to give you an idea of the inspiration for the room.
(Notice the before pics of the bench (M-5) and sideboard (M-6) in the moodboard and check out their afters below!)
The before is pretty much your standard foyer.  I liked that there was a large closet to store coats and shoes and I really liked the wood floors.  The things I disliked about the space was that the doors did not match, the lighting was unforgettable and of course it was boring.
Your foyer or entryway is the first impression your guest will see when they walk into your home.  You have to think what is it you want them to think when they walk in?  My objective was that it was comfortable, inviting and not too stuffy.
The first thing I purchased was a lantern chandelier.  I love it and it was a great price too!  (Remember put your lighting on a dimmer, we all look better when the lights are dim, oh and the house looks cleaner too!)
I decided not to paint the walls but to use wallpaper, I wanted to have a bit more impact then paint.  This of course meant I had to get someone to wallpaper for me because it was something I knew I couldn’t tackle on my own.  A friend gave me a recommendation of a husband and wife team (KC Does It, LLC) and Cheryl was my hero, she did an amazing job!
I repurposed a bench so that guest can sit down to put their shoes on and off.
I love the rug don’t you?
Next up was some personal touches.
Some silhouettes of the family including Lilly our dog of course!
Some of my favorite books, my grandmother’s button tin and a candle so when guest come in the yummy scents greets them!  My big ticket and visual punch for the room was my peacock mirror I purchased at Pier 1 Imports.  I love it and it’s also great to have a mirror in your entryway so guests can use it and so you can get one last look at yourself before you leave the house.
Now the final results!
Notice the curtains?  I made them myself.  They are sheets I attached trim to and clipped with curtain rings.  This way in the evening the curtains can go over the side windows for a bit more privacy.  I may do an ink stamp on them later, we’ll see.

There you have it…my foyer!!

6 comments:

Kathy December 2, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

Looks fantastic! Love the wallpaper...it definitely adds texture to the space. :)

Amanda December 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

At first I was like ohhh look at that bench. Then I said ahhh the silhouettes ... with the dog!
And finally...huhhhh look at that mirror.

I think I love it. One day -- we will get out of this apartment (which I am so blessed to have a nice wonderful home with good school districts! Woot Woot!) But one day I will have my own foyer. And walls I can paint! :)

Amanda

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP