We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Fun Kids Bathroom Reveal; Before and After

09 December 2010

Fun Kids Bathroom Reveal; Before and After


It was even worse up close!

Now, it looks like this!

The best decoration in there is the cute Little Dude in the tub!

Mr. Sahm did most of the serious work in here, and what a fabulous job he did! He didn't miss a single detail. He scraped the cottage cheese off the ceiling and put up crown molding. I found the vinyl wall decal at a thrift store for 99 cents. Cute, huh? I also just lovelovelove the pom-pom trim on the valance.
We put up beadboard on the bottom part of the wall, and Mr. Sahm made this beautiful skinny shelf to go over the top of the beadboard. The black hooks were purchased at Hobby Lobby at 50% off. I got a plain white shower curtain and used fabric glue to attach the rick rack, and I really love how it came out.

We have the frames up, but our artists are still working on the artwork. I found these big frames on sale at Joann's for $10 each, and then I had mats cut to put in rather than the collage mats that came with the frames. Gotta get those kids to work!

On top of the potty is my little decoupage bucket with rolled up washcloths. I also had to include the tushywipes, cause this is a bathroom used by kids, but I did set them on top of some vintage books.

Above the potty is this shelf. I found it at a thrift store and gave it a paint job. I still need to get some photos put in that frame, huh... The bath sign is from Hobby Lobby, on sale of course. All the other little toys were things we had. The other decoupage bucket holdsflossers.

When we replaced the vanity, there didn't seem to be a great place to put up a TP holder, so we put the rolls in this basket. So much easier! And don't you just love that tile on the floor? I searched high and low for rugs that I liked, and finally found these at World Market.


I have to say that this faucet was the absolute cheapest one at Home Depot, and isn't it totally cute!? I put the kids dixie cups in an old silver cup that someone gave me when Little Dude was born. It's really old, but it has Little Dude's name engraved on it. Sweet, huh? For now, I am really fine with the green store container of hand soap. I didn't find anything I liked that wasn't breakable, so this will work till I do.


I got these baskets and labeled one for each of the kids. This is where they have space to keep their hairbrushes and other stuff. So far, they are doing a good job keeping their stuff put away. Mr. Sahm installed the sink himself, and no leaks at all! Have I said that he did a great job? Cause he did!



I found the mirror at a thrift store for $7, and doesn't it look right at home next to the brand new medicine cabinet? And there's my getting ready subway art, sitting on the shelf.



We are so happy with how bright and clean and cheerful our new bathroom is. The kids love it and are trying hard to keep it nice. This is the first room in the brick house that I really like. Now that it's done, I think I need to find a new room to make happy!

6 comments:

Julie the Cupcake Girl December 9, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

Beautiful! It looks fabulous and I am super jealous! Your color choices are to die for.

Home Hinges December 9, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

So inspirational. I'm visiting her site to let her know. Thanks for a great feature project, only now I'm jealous.
April from HomeHinges.com

Lisa December 10, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

SO cute! I love the wall words above the tub! It's so cute how you turned the bathroom into almost another bedroom with all the fun little accessories and touches.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP