We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Salvaged Hutch Remodel

12 November 2010


Salvaged Hutch Remodel
party highlight by 





one huge piece

I am so happy to have actually finished a project this week, I cannot even tell you.  I am usually someone who starts something, goes 100% at it, finishes it, then starts something else.  I don't do well with loose ends.  But this week has been the week of loose ends.  So I'm trying to cope with that!

This huge piece is DONE.  I love it.  Found both halves at the goodwill but strangely enough, they were not being sold together.  Very odd.

Here is the before...
I don't have many 'in progress' pictures since it was pretty basic.  I filled the center hardware holes, primed & painted.  Easy peasy, but it took forever to get two good coats all over this piece!  My dad cut new shelves for the piece, since the original glass was missing.  And then we added some fun trim to the center supports.
Nothing like painting in the dark :)




Love Gorilla Glue.









Can you tell I love the details on this piece?  They distressed so well.

11 comments:

Carmell Giacobbe November 12, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

OMG, how amazing! I love that you found this piece and made it your own. This is very inspirational!

Prairie Scraps November 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

Gorgeous! Makes me want to take mine out and paint it too! I just keep getting stuck on the fact that it is a family piece. Of course, nobody else wanted it, so I could do what I want!

DIYbyDesign November 12, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

You did an outstanding job. Absolutely gorgeous. I linked up to your party today. Thanks for hosting it.

Denise November 12, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

So pretty! I love all the little details...especially the knobs! Doesn't it feel good to get done with a big project? I have a project going in my garage that is taking up my parking space...I can't wait to get done! I forgot how miserable it is to defrost/scrape your car in the morning before work! :)

Thanks for the inspiration!

Denise

Tales From My Empty Nest November 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

I am looking for a piece just like this to go in my dining room. I need some more storage and display space and I thought a piece like this would fit the bill. I will keep looking. I'm sure I will find something similar eventually. Your piece turned out great!!! Love & blessings from NC!

welcome! November 12, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

It looks great!! I have a huge entertainment center I'm dying to paint-you just inspired me to step it up a little :) Thanks for your boldness and creativity!

Anonymous,  November 12, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

Wow! I want one of these! It's gorgeous!
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Aim November 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

WOW, I am so inspired! That looks wonderful! I really love the changes you made to it.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP