We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Refinished Rolling Office Chair

16 November 2010

Refinished Rolling Office Chair
party highlight by Fresh Cut Flours


As you read this I will most likely be busy working on some "Boss's Day" cookie bouquets. I decided it would be a good time to have you check out my latest ABC Project (Anything but Cookies, for those that don't know).

On my last "junkin" trip with my daughter Melissa, I spotted this beauty:







Whatcha think? It was a little worse for wear, but I could see it's potential...in fact, I could see it sitting in front of my sewing machine! I checked the price.



A real "thrifter" probably would have thought it was too much, but I liked it and thought it was totally worth the $14.99! So I loaded up my little Cookie Monster (Taylor) on the chair and wheeled her around for the remainder of the Goodwill shopping trip (it was a sight to see, wish I would have thought to have Melissa take a pic!

So we go to check out, the man kindly asked me if I was a "senior"...now, a few years ago, or even six months ago, this would have really 
pissed
 me off made me mad, but the cold hard facts are, I will be just that in about 7 months, so I better start getting used to it! I laughed and KINDLY said no...he proceeded the checkout, looked at the price tag on the chair and said that because it was 1/2 off all "Week 37" tags, my chair was only $7.50. Whoo hoo, an even better deal! I could have kissed the guy!

So, I took my little treasure home and had it disassembled within an hour. Gave it a good wash, and headed to Hobby Lobby for some new fabric. I added a little extra batting to the seat to soften it up a little. I spray painted the chair black like most of the other pieces of furniture in my craft room (the sewing machine cabinet was my Mom's so I am not making any changes to that). I thought about buying new caster rollers, but I could not find the same size so I just painted them as well. Put it back together and VOILA! 

Anyhoo, here is how it looks sitting in my little sewing corner.





Not bad for a total investment of about $16.00!

6 comments:

thatgirlblogs November 16, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

just wondering if you sealed it with anything after painting? I want to do the same with our dining room chairs, you've inspired me!

Terri-Lynn November 16, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

I love it! What a great redo! I also love the "Sew What" in the corner. Thanks for sharing.

Chérie November 17, 2010 at 4:00 AM  

So cute. I love how you see potential in everything! I am learning to develop an eye for "remodels". I am pretty crafty, I just need to learn to use my imagination more. Thanks for all the ideas!! And I love it all when its on a budget!

Anonymous,  November 17, 2010 at 7:23 AM  

Great chair! You always make me want to go off and do something remodely. The odd part is that I do these kinds of things because I'm not going to get them otherwise rather than liking the process. I'm about to redo my sewing room. I may have to steal a few ideas from your fabulous sewing den.

Had to laugh about the "senior moment." I've gotten it a few times now--well deserved-- and am torn between thinking, "damn, I look old" and "great, I'm gonna save some money!" The money part always wins;-}

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP