We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Kids Art Gallery Wall

03 November 2010

Kids Art Gallery Wall
contributed by Angie @ Echoes of Laughter


This is a project that I have been working on for a few months.
I 've been collecting my children's art from closets and rubbermaid totes in the hopes of creating an 'art gallery' in our lower level family room.
I have been gathering up any frame not is use from around the house and snapping up any frames I could find on sale for $7.00 or less.
The images below are but a few that have inspired me to create this project.
I love the eclectic look of the different frames, mismatched frame colours, textures and variety of pictures.
I think it adds wonderful personality.


I chose my children's art because I am all about 'living with what you love'.
My children have created some really fabulous pieces of art at school over
the course of their elementary school years.
Two of these creations were created by my son and daughter as far back as 2003
 when my son was only 2 years old and did a colourful picture (scribble) for Mommy.
I could not purchase anything that I would love half as much as these creations.
I am really pleased with how this wall turned out.
It adds some much-needed fun & personality to the room.
In the right corner, you can see the handle of the tread mill...just keeping it real here. This room is totally multi-functional with a TV, sofas, games table, & tread mill along with my newly created 'art gallery'.
The good new is that I only managed to break two of the glass inserts while I was hanging everything.
One frame bit the dust when I stepped on it.
Another fell off the wall and smashed while I was hammering a nail for another.
Ooopsie!

6 comments:

The Gallery Gal November 3, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

I absolutely LOVE frame walls! What a great idea to do with kids artwork. Fantastic!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light November 3, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

I love using items that are really meaningful to decorate your home. This wall is so colorful and fun and it turned out so great! Nice job - thanks for sharing!

Barbara Matson November 3, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

I love it! I am planning the same thing - have been slowly collecting frames to make a gallery wall up the stairwell. Gorgeous!

autumn November 3, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

loving this post! thanks for sharing so many talents from around the blogopshere with us, cassity!
hope you are doing well!
:)
autumn

CourtneyB November 4, 2010 at 5:22 AM  

Love, love, love this! It's something I might actually be capable of doing. Thanks! (:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP