We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Boys Room With Fish Theme

29 November 2010

Boys Room With Fish Theme
contributed by Entertain Exchange


I thought I would share my son's bedroom decor. I was down the path of decorating his room in burgundy and blue when I found these blue and orange fish sheets at Target a few years ago. They became the inspiration for his room. In the lower right corner of this photo you see my no-sew window valance - so easy and you can find the details here!

I used linen pillow covers and ceramic fish napkin rings I found on clearance at the Pottery Barn to create the window treatment.

The bright orange fish in the sheets inspired me to take a risk and paint a few accent walls in his very beige room orange. I did the three sided window bump out and directly across the room I did this single wall near his closet. I had these three pottery barn shelves I wasn't using that just pop off the wall. The three fish above the doors are 3 dimensional and made of painted metal -from Marshalls.

Linen striped frames are I found on clearance from Pottery Barn. The other accessories are from TJMaxx and Marshalls.
My son's bathroom serves two purposes. His bedroom is on the first floor and has a door for guest using the pool to use the bathroom. I no longer have soaking wet kids walking through my house to use the bathroom. I wanted this bathroom to be a little fun and reflect the pool.
I bought this glass sink on ebay and had the builder cut a hole in the granite top and lower the sink below the counter top instead of sitting on top. I had an outlet installed in the vanity so I can place a light underneath that can light the sink - this is fun! There are glass turquoise tiles in the shower stall and i loved how this lobster print picked up on the stripe pattern of the shower.
My dad is a wonderful watercolor painter and we have a few of his paintings framed in the room. I cropped in on the pictures so you could see them a little better. Boats in bright colors.
A few more fun accents from my favorite stores.
I recovered my baby rocker in a light blue denim to match the blue in the fish sheets. Hope you enjoyed the tour and possibly gave you a little inspiration! More about my son. 

4 comments:

DanielleisNesting November 29, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

The orange is such great color. I love color risks and this one definitely paid off!

Beth Adams November 29, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

Love it! Not much more I can say. Well..yea there is. It is awesome how you tied all the colors in together. The sink in your son's bathroom is cool as all get out. Bravo my dear!
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

Michelle Wilkes November 29, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

Fabulous! You've given me some great ideas for my sons room- I think I will even venture into orange.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP