We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Beautiful Before and After Bathroom Renovation

16 November 2010


Beautiful Before and After Bathroom Renovation
Contributed by Adrianne and Dream Book Design



We did a lot of work in here! We {or I should say J} replaced the flooring, added bead-board to the walls, installed a new vanity, subway tiled the shower, and obviously painted. I love the difference in here. The tiling of the floor and shower simply make me smile:) One of the best surprises in our house was in the bathroom. The wall to the right when you walk in seemed like a waste of space to us, so we wanted to tear the wall down and build shelving. When we got the initial layers of the wall down we found a GREAT surprise! There was already a huge pantry style cabinet in there! It was seriously dirty but in amazing condition! Why anyone would ever cover over extra storage space in a bathroom is beyond me, but it worked out great for us.


When we first moved in
My inspiration for the high bead-board
Oh the joys of painting!
I'll explain the glue on the wall later
There were 3 layers of flooring
Some hot guy pulling out the vanity
Installing the rad floor
The shower and floor finally finished



The only photo I could find that shows the secret cabinet



Final product 
Subway tiling in shower
The floors and trim

The glue on the wall was from previous bead-board we had put up. Initially we thought we were just going to paint and put up bead-board, no other renovations, because we simply didn't have time. We put up pre-cut 4x4 squares, and the seam line was horrible. We thought we were having a housewarming that week, so we just left it. Instead, I got super sick and had to cancel the party the day of {big bummer} but that meant that we had more time to fix it! Hooray! We tore down the 4x4 squares and instead used 4x8, which lead to no more seam showing! All in all the bathroom really only took about two weekends to finish. Even though the main projects are done in the bathroom, the room still bothers me for a couple of reasons. When we got married we got these beautiful brown towels and bath mats, they are great quality, but now our bathroom is black and white..thats an issue! Also, it has been near impossible to find a shower curtain we both love, so for the time being, shower liner it is. All in all though, I love the new look.

9 comments:

Beth Adams November 16, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

Wow what a difference! The bathroom turned out awesome. Pat yourselves on the back. The hat is off to you guys.
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

Finding Home November 16, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

Looks great. I totally think you can mix the brown with the black and white, just add other black accents. Maybe you could have the towel embroidered with your monogram in black thread? Or, find an accent that has black and brown in it, which I think is actually a great color combination. Just a thought...

Have a great day,
Laura

becky rigby November 16, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

The bathroom remodel looks amazing! My husband and I are about to remodel ours and we were looking for ideas. I love the high beadboard and the subway tile. I'm excited to see the other remodel projects on this blog. Thanks for sharing.
Becky

Sarah November 16, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

Good work! I love the high bead board as well! Thank you for the inspiration!

Carrie Garvin November 16, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

Wow! This looks wonderful--- O my three layers of flooring-- now that's a lot of work!

Nice blog!

jayayceeblog November 16, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

You really know what you're doing ... love it all! And thanks for sharing the details. =D

Anonymous,  November 18, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

Oh, my goodness!! I have this same pic as an inspiration pic and have gotten my bathroom all ripped up. I am wondering what kind/color grout did you use...it looks gray?

Unknown February 3, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

Beautiful! Love the beadboard and now you've got me thinking about my one and only bathroom (a real dungeon!)!

Just one thing... next time you take a picture of a bathroom, make sure the toilet lid is down. Seeing it up is, well, kinda icky :-p

Other than that, great job!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP