We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Adorable Individual Pumpkin Cream Pies & Recipe Link Up

21 November 2010

I guess I have shown off a few other recipes lately, but I had to do it again...especially since I am such a lazy cook at the moment!  I think you will agree that when I saw this on my friends collaborative crafting blog I had to ask if I could show it off.  It is so adorable and it sounds delish.  I thought this would be fun for the holiday season to show off.


Adorable Individual 
Pumpkin Cream Pies 
Contributed by The Crafting Chicks
I love all things “mini.” Especially when it has to do with food. :) So when I saw the idea for little potted pumpkin pies on the beautiful blog inchmark, I immediately wanted to make some of my own. It was perfect timing, because I had a lunch get-together with some girlfriends last week and these mini desserts were a big hit with them! It’s such a fun idea for a delicious fall treat–making little individual mini jars of pie just adds that extra special touch. It’s very easy to put it all together.
Now, I don’t love regular pumpkin pie, but I DO love me some pumpkin cream pie and make it every year for fall and Thanksgiving. So that’s what I put into the little “pots” instead of regular pumpkin pie. It is a simple recipe with delicious results!
To make these, you will need the ingredients for pumpkin cream pie and graham cracker crust (in more detail below), as well as:
  • 12 small mason jars (I used half-pint wide mouth jars found at the grocery store, 1 dozen for about $7.99)

  • Graham Cracker Crust
    • 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers (I ended up using about 1 1/2 packages of graham crackers and crushed them in my food processor)
    • 1/3 cup sugar
    • 6 Tablespoons melted butter
    Mix these together well, then press into the small mason jars with your fingers, and chill in the fridge. I did not cook this crust.
    Recipe for Pumpkin Cream Pie:
    • 1 cup pumpkin (pureed)
    • 2 cups cold milk
    • 2 boxes of instant vanilla pudding (3.5 oz. size)
    • 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
    • 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip–or make your own whipping cream)
    • Extra whipped topping for the top of the pies
    Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together on low speed for 1 minute. Spoon filling into mason jars on top of the graham cracker crust. Top with a layer of whipped topping and chill in the fridge until set, for about 3 hours.
    For the finishing touch I created some simple “pumpkin cream pie” labels in photoshop (my favorite font lately is LD Adornment), printed them out and used a 2.5 inch circle punch to cut them out. I used double sided sticky tape to stick the labels onto the flat lid on the jars. I also added a ribbon around the outside of the lid.
    I think they look totally adorable and I love the layers of yumminess you can see with the clear glass jars. :) It’s fun to grab a spoon and get all three layers in one bite.
    This would be a cute treat to take to neighbors and friends, to your Visiting Teaching ladies, or you could even use them as place settings at a holiday dinner–create name tags to put on the tops of the lids instead of the pie labels. A fun and different way to serve up dessert this fall.



    8 comments:

    Brianna! November 21, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

    Oh This pie will DEFINITELY be made for Thanksgiving.
    I would LOVE to make the mini ones, but my pawpaw sure does like to cut him his usual very VERY large piece of pie;)

    Leanne November 21, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

    That looks delicious. Something I definitely going to be making this year.

    farmlady November 21, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

    The word for these "jar" pies is definitely ADORABLE. What fun!! This is one that I must try.
    Thanks for the recipe and the photos.

    SheilaG @ Plum Doodles November 22, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

    What a great idea! I actually bought some of these jars last week without knowing what I would put in them- I know, I'm a little backwards with my plans. Now I know just what to put in them for little surprise gifts. Thanks! :)

    Unknown November 22, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

    I was wondering what to make people for Yule this year... I think I just found it!!

    Thanks a ton for the idea!

    Post a Comment

    I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

    Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

    Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

    Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
    Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

    Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

    From Here to Eternity

      © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP