We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Refinished Side Tables With Marble Tops

22 October 2010

Don't forget to link your projects!!


Refinished Side Tables With Marble Tops
contributed by Mary @ Apartment TLC


So while Im out and about shopping for our "new"furniture 
a thought keeps popping in my mind "Side tables are expensive"
and me being the cheap-o that I am, the idea of spending more than say 
$10 a piece...had me looking at my always-empty-but-cute purse and saying to myself 
"self...you better come up with something" 

So skip a few weeks and my parents phone me up to
ask if I can take my younger brother to his baseball game
and I agreed and then was up at the butt crack of dawn the following day.
On the way back from the ball field I see a couple of people dropping things off at the curb
and I (being very curious) thought maybe I will find something decent... well I didnt...

I FOUD SOMETHING AWESOME! 

On the side of the road were two very nice looking (ok a little beat up) 
side tables with (get this) Marble TOPS! 
I kid you not!!
so of course I did a wicked U-turn that had my brother claiming 
that I at last had lost my mind, and I threw them in truck.
When I got them home and inspected them
I realized that they needed a little TLC (pun intended) 
so I got out my paint brush and some stain and... the rest is history
SEE BELOW!



So above are the original curb-side tables and 
as mama would say "they aint that purdy" 





These are the marble tops, they look SUPER yellow and 
gross next to the chipped and light wood. 


So I took some of this good stuff....

Then I painted it on like this, I did not use primer FYI





This is my comparison shot!


And after 2 coats I got THIS!


Aint it purdy?

The marble looks 10x better now and not so yellow and I left it out to dry overnight
and it turned out fantastic! So when you see a soild
piece of furniture on the side of the road
or maybe a thrift shop? have a little imagination and you may end
up with some treasure of your very own!

4 comments:

Nong Yang October 22, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

Wonderful job! I know exactly how you feel about having a little bit of vision when it comes to these projects. :) I feel the most satisfied after finishing up secondhand furniture. :D I'm slowly making a believer out of my sisters also.

Unknown October 23, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

So great!!! Sometimes we can have a treasuer at home and didn´t no that.

Loft32 October 23, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

I agree! It's amazing when you can turn something old into a gorgeous, usable and chic decor piece. Great job!
XO,
Candace
LOFT32

Kendra October 24, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

I can't believe that they had marble tops on them already! Great find, and great TLC

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP