We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Old Writers Desk & Chair Remodel

08 October 2010

Kate at Weekend Charm found an old writer's desk and chair and remodeled it to their own taste.

We snagged this old writer's desk and chair off of Craigslist for $20!  Of course they didn't look like this when we got them, but look below for their absolute transformation!




To begin with......




1st step, remove drawers


2nd, remove pulls for painting.


3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th....sand, clean, prime, and paint (x3)!






7th, remove ugly tan vinyl cover from beaten up little chair and recover with cute fabric.  (Sorry I forgot to get a before photo of the chair, it was in worse condition than the desk!)


And..........................................

TA DA!


We used Minwax Polyshade Bombay Mahogany stain on the top.  I just LOVE the color and LOVE a stain and poly in one!!!!


Off-white on the rest including the chair, original hardware back into place, and finished!!!



The top coat is such a beautiful rich color, I can't stop staring at it!!!




This will probably come in handy while I try to keep up with my continuing education in Physical Therapy!!




I was supposed to refinish her and give her up....I just don't see that happening now!

I love the white desk with the wood top!  
What do like about it?

9 comments:

Jaimee October 8, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

Love it! I just finished a very similar makeover of my own.

http://accidentalcrafterblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/refinished-desk.html

Beccy October 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

What a beautiful finished product. I have a very similar desk that we found near an apartment dumpster. It's a great solid piece but definately needs to be refinished. I was going to paint it all white, but after seeing this one I think I'm going to go with the stained wood on top too. It's fabulous!

Unknown October 8, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

Beautiful! I love these old desks, they are so "easy" to update and make beautiful again. Thanks for sharing!

cheeky rose October 8, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

I love that look and the make over from this old piece of furniture is just great, and will last a lot longer than its modern version

Christine October 8, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

WOW! I absolutely love it!! Perfect combination with the stained top. The chair is so cute, love the fabric. So great to see it saved from landfill and given a new lease of life.

Tirsa Baker October 8, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

I found your blog last week and now I am hooked! I love all the transformations and your tutorials are beyond great due to the detail of them! I like you even more now that I know you are a Physical Therapist. I am too! Here's to paying off loans and frugally decorating our homes nicely :)

Cynthia October 8, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

I am mid-desk project too. Your desk turned out fabulous! I love the dark wood top with the white wood. Nice!

Points of Light November 4, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

Hi , I am desperate! I LOVE the color you used for the top- an am trying to use it on cabinets- but my contractor is really struggling with the polyshade- it just isnt going on right. Do you think I could color match it somewhere where it doesnt have the poly mixed in- and then top coat it with poly???

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP