We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

No Bake Halloween Skeleton Cookies

10 October 2010

This project was sent into me for consideration on the new craft blog, but I had to ask if I could show it off for our Sunday recipe swap because people this is easy, festive and ADORABLE!  It is from the blog Roots and Wings Co. and boy do these sisters have GREAT ideas.  Go check out their blog- seriously, you will not me disappointed if you like cute Halloween Decor especially.  Here is their fabulous idea

No Bake Halloween Skeleton Cookies


Gingerbread skeletons
Aaak! Sometimes I kill myself with cuteness/easy factor of things. This is both adorable AND easy. I mean easy. The hardest part is finding Gingerbread cookies in October. The last two years, the only place I have found these Pepperidge Farm Ginger Man cookies was at Target.
gather your supplies
You only need two ingredients to make these! Gingerbread cookies which you can buy premade, and white frosting, cream cheese flavor just happens to be the favorite. ****Katrina here with my two cents..... If you plan to travel with these then using white chocolate would be the way to go.****

Place the icing in a ziploc baggie, then cut a SMALL hole on one of the bottom corners. Smaller is better because you can always make the hole bigger but you can't make it smaller. (Speaking from experience.) Then carefully ice the cookies to look like skeletons. I did the bodies first. Then I cut the hole a little bigger and did the heads.
with the frosting in a baggie and the end cut off the baggie ice on your details
Really this is my favorite picture…there are little fingers waiting to grab one of these up. Can you blame them? There are just too cute!
plate full with little ones watching

Oh my, the icing, the little sugar granuals, the gingerbread. These taste so good. Go ahead and dip the cookie right in the remainder of your icing, if you must. Actually, you MUST. Just try it. Or stick your finger in the tub. Don’t hold back. Get a spoon. (Ok this was added by Anjeanette and I can’t have this specific icing. Oh my, do I miss it.)

skeletons in a row

We did all of these fun things together with Rebecca and her kids.We had an early Halloween party in celebration of the start of October.

dry ice root beer orange jack o lantern skeleton cookie_thumb[1]
 Remodelaholic adds:
Did you also see those adorable jack-o-lantern oranges? 
 Uh hello, that is the coolest thing EVER!

Okay so what have you been up to?



4 comments:

Kathy October 10, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

These cookies are really cute :-) I am going to make them this afternoon -and nothing says autumn better than gingerbread !

Sherri October 10, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Those cookies are so cute! I will have to tell my daughter, she and her husband are having a Halloween party and they would be great to serve her guests!

RootsAndWingsCo October 10, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Thanks so much for featuring us! We also LOVED these cookies. I hope lots of people try them! Yum!
Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo

Anonymous,  October 12, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

Thanks for hosting. Sorry to be so late. Real life gets in the way, thankfully. Better to be busy than not.

Hope you enjoy these cookies.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP