We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Kitchen Before and After; Decorative Painted Walls

01 October 2010

Don't forget to link up to our Remodelaholic Anonymous party today for a chance to be featured on Remodelaholic!

This project was sent to me from Bethany at Sawdust and Embryos.  It is amazing what they were able to do with paint, and some new lighting... and p.s. that back splash is PAINTED on there!  WOW!  Here is what Bethany has to say about her project:

You should know, this is going to be a long post. Here's the story on how our kitchen painting project turned into what felt like a demolition and remodel:

I came home from work one evening and decided to finish painting the kitchen Dark Teal!! It was just dark enough outside that I couldn't paint without the kitchen light on. But when I flipped it on... NOTHING HAPPENED. This happens about 50% of the time with our tacky fluorescent central lighting in our kitchen. It just flickers, and then nothing. On this particular evening... it. made. me. furious! All I wanted to do was finish painting!

It was at that point that I called Nick at work and said, 'do not come home until you've gone to Menard's and spent whatever it costs to put in kitchen lights that will actually WORK. And while you're at it, pick up some decorative pendant lights to hang over my island.'   ...The rest is history.

Although Nick has some experience with electrical wiring and such, his dad's knowledge is vast. So He and Diane came up for the weekend. It was messy.























Father and son bonded.













This was after sweeping  just the kitchen.















I had a glimmer of an idea to paint something special on this one wall, and I toyed around with lots of different ideas. But in the end, I decided on this subtle swirly pattern. Since we chose flat paint for the walls, I bought the same color in high gloss. I just love the way it turned out.




























And I only used this much paint for the whole project. Too bad they don't sell paint by the tablespoon!


Okay Okay, here are the after photos. It may not be a 'remodel' since all we did was paint and put in new lighting, but we feel like it's a huge transformation! The cabinets, appliances, flooring, backsplash... all the same as they were before. But man, changing the lighting to recessed can lights made a HUGE difference. I feel like my kitchen glows. And it does... literally.  Enjoy!



















































































































Luckily, after some searching, I was able to dig up pictures of the kitchen from WAY back when we were considering purchasing this house. So these before pictures are from before we even lived here!!

Here you go peeps.

Before:



























AFTER:



























Before:

















AFTER:




















Don't you think they did some great updates? 
I really love that accent wall!
What do you like about the changes?

9 comments:

Unknown October 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

I think this looks fantastic. I will definitely have to remember this idea, as we're in the process of moving. It's not distracting, but gives a unique touch. I love it!

Krista
whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com

Unknown October 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

this is an amazing idea! I LOVE the look...I'm writing it down for my next house =) thanks for sharing!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} October 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Just stunning! I love what the lighting and the subtle gloss painting does for the room.

Kendra October 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

The before was so plain compared to the after! I think it looks fantastic

mangerss October 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

I love the painted design on the wall....I would like to know if it is freehand or a stencil....some directions on how to would be great! thanks

Peter George October 1, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

Looks great! Love the painted swirl pattern. I also love the pop of color on the island!

AnnaMarie November 7, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

Saw this idea linked on kimboscrafts. LOVE the swirls! Genius! This idea is going in my folder for when I have a non-rented residence to paint!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP