We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Dress Up Your Entry With A Plant and Candles

19 October 2010

Dress Up Your Entry With A Plant and Candles

contributed by Cassie @ Hi Sugarplum!

You guys are awesome!! I really appreciate your opinions on the monogram yesterday! It's got me fired up to make some serious progress in her room makeover this weekend. I got a little sidetracked on the Entrance Hall last weekend. 






If you've been reading Hi Sugarplum! for awhile, this is deja vu. I did a Before & After Reveal on my Entrance Hall here, but it still didn't feel quite finished. 

foyer after 3

Too cold and bare for my overdone taste. 

So first I brought the candle sticks back in and Pizz-Azzed them with jute:

100_0555

Then I found this big, yummy plant and loved the color it brought to the space:

100_0540

Nice pot. I haven't been able to find anything to put it in that's what she said ....which might be because I don't know what I'm looking for yet. So I cheaped cheated and grabbed this shelf liner and my glue gun:

100_0541
(I had every intention of using this on actual shelves, but that was 9 months ago...so I think it's fair game for another project at this point.)

A little nip, tuck and glue later...I had the Joan Rivers of fake pots:

100_0558
(I don't intend for this to be a long-term fix, which means it will be.)

I think it's not too bad (how's that for a glowing review?!)...and I like the texture and pattern, especially against the zebra print.

planter collage

Here is my warmer, completed Entrance Hall now:

100_0737

Here's a little time lapse of the makeover:

entrance hall collage
  
I love all the light my DIY mirror reflects:

100_0602

Read about the process of painting my doors black here, and see all the rugs I considered here:

100_0600

100_0597

The door on the left leads to my pink coat closet:

100_0734

I think I'm ready to move on from this room now...what do you think? Have a great weekend loves!

1 comments:

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} October 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Cassity, you're the best!! Thanks so much for picking up this project...you'd have to go back to the original entrance hall to see the really drastic before and afters...but the plant and candles give it the extra 'something' it needed.

Love your blog and all the great and inspiring projects!

xo,cass

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP