We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

DIY Laundry Room Locker Storage

15 October 2010

Don't forget to link up to our 


for a chance to be featured!





DIY Laundry Room Locker Storage
Contributed by Michelle at Emerald Cove

Hello there!! I am so excited to finally show you my laundry/entry/dog room dilemma solution!!
You all have been so great and so full of wonderful ideas, thank you, thank you!!!

I teased you with my pile of stuff that I found last Friday,


and Sunday hubby and I went to work on my vision!

(Although it took a bit of explaining and poorly drawn out plans to help him envision my vision!)


I started by putting together this very cheap bookshelf from Target.
I just did the frame and left out the shelves for now and threw away the icky back board that was really flimsy!



I knew the dimension were a bit off from my screen door that I wanted to use (I will show you that in a minute) so we had to build the shelf up higher buy adding this base from a 1x12.





We also had to make it a tad wider so we added 1x2's around the outside frame of the shelf. This also gave it some more stability.



Then we added another frame to the shelf, this time on the front to give it more of a clean look and also to be able to hang the screened door onto it.



Screwed in a board onto the bottom of the middle shelf in order to anchor the whole thing to the wall.


It is now ready to paint!!

I probably should have painted it before I put it up but I am so ADD that I HAD to see what it looked like up in the room!



While the paint was drying I moved on to the screened door. This door was hanging in our garage entry to this particular room but we had removed it because it was in the way of my brother-in-laws wheelchair and it was slowly falling apart.


I know I could have have re-screened it, but I liked the chicken wire better!!
I also did a poopy paint job on it a while ago but little did I know that it would be perfect all shabby and chippy and beat up!!



I lined up the chicken wire (which hurts by the way when you are trying to cut it)


and stapled it into the door.


I then hung the door and added a simple little latch to help keep the door closed.





Put these little metal baskets that I also found at Target in and labeled them with the first letter of our names.


Hung some pretty little hooks on the inside for our coats,





and wah-la!!!!!!


A great little locker to hold all of our coats and shoes and dog food!

(sorry about the picture, i was in a hurry last night)

I would still love a little farmhouse table over the dog cage for folding laundry and also some shelves above that for more junk!

I am really happy with the way it turned out. There is more room and now and it just looks cuter than a bunch of coats hung all over the place!

I hope you like it!

I am linking up to the parties in my Linky Parties tab.

6 comments:

Nancy October 16, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

I love the chicken wire! You need to put a chicken figurine in there somewhere just for fun, peeking thru the wire. How fun! Love it!
Nancy

Home Hinges November 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

I love how this turned out. I'ts wonderful to have doors on these kinds of cupboards. If you wanted to you could even make it opaque, to hide unsightly items. Great idea.
April from HomeHinges.com

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP